Test Proctoring Policy
The University of West Georgia-Newnan offers test proctoring for students attending both national and international institutions. There is a $10-$15 proctoring fee which is payable in cash only at the beginning of the exam.
Test proctoring times are Mondays through Fridays with earliest start time of 8:15 A.M. and latest start time 2:00 P.M. Alternative scheduling may be available for an additional fee. However, exams are not proctored on Holidays.
To schedule a proctored exam, please contact Teri Lewis at (770) 254-7280 or email at email@example.com.
Here is the detailed Test Proctoring Policy at the University of West Georgia Newnan Center, effective 6/1/2009:
Appointments: Arrangements for a test proctoring appointment must be made in advance, preferably 2–3 weeks, to enable the Home Institution or Program ample time to provide the testing materials. It is the Examinee’s responsibility to take the appropriate steps to ensure all testing materials arrive on time. Exam appointments are typically set with Earliest Start Time 8:15am and Latest Start Time 2:00pm Monday thru Friday. Under certain circumstances, the time frame may be changed at additional cost. Appointments are made by calling 770-254-7280 during normal business hours or emailing the Test Proctor (firstname.lastname@example.org). At the time the appointment is made, the following information should be provided:
- Name of Examinee
- Name of Institution or Program
- Course Name and Number
- Instructor Name
- Test Format (paper or computer-based)
- Requested Exam Date/Time
- Time Length of Exam
Special Accommodations: If any special accommodations are needed, the Examinee must inform the Test Proctor in advance and provide the necessary documentation by the time of the Exam.
Note: UWG Newnan cannot guarantee a testing space with zero distractions.
Day of Exam
Identification: The following identification is required at the time of testing.
- Photo identification must be presented to the Test Proctor. This ID may be a state-issued ID or driver's license, a passport, or a student ID.
- A second ID is required that will have the examinee's name, such as a testing confirmation letter, notification from home institution, alternate photo ID, debit or credit card, insurance card, checkbook, or utility bill.
Test Proctor Fee: The fee for proctoring an eCore or UWG exam is $10 and $15 and up for all other exams. There is a $15 surcharge for exams given after-hours, after 5:00 PM, or on Saturdays, and this alternate schedule can be made only when the Facility is scheduled to be open. Fees are payable by cash only at the time of the exam, and a UWG Receipt is provided. If the completed exam is to be postal mailed and the Home Institution has not provided postage, the Examinee is responsible for providing the appropriate postage.
Note: Beginning July 1, 2009, the surcharge for after-hours or Saturday when Facility is open will increase to $20.00.
Items Allowed and Not Allowed:
- Only items allowed by the home institution or program, such as a calculator or dictionary, can be taken into the testing room.
- Children are not allowed at the Test Center.
- No personal items are allowed in the testing room. No cell phones or other personal electronic devices are allowed. There is no storage available at the Newnan Center, and examinees must make arrangements to store items before entering the building.
Test Monitoring: The testing rooms are under audio and video monitoring and recording, and may be broadcasted. This type of monitoring is to protect the Examinee, as the Test Proctor is administering an exam in the absence of the Instructor. Should an Examinee be caught cheating, the Home Institution will be contacted and provided the audio or video evidence if necessary.
Updated June 14, 2010