The mission of the Orientation office is to provide services and assistance that will
1. Aid new students in their transition to UWG.
2. Expose new students to the broad educational opportunities at UWG.
3. Integrate new students into the life of the University.
4. Introduce family members to University resources and areas of support for their students.
5. Assure students and parents that they made the right choice choosing UWG.
6. Provide support for commuter students through communications and programming.
2009-2010 Departmental Goals –New Student Transitions & Parent Programs
-Improve the yield of admitted students by 10 students.
-Improve publications and communication methods with accepted students.
Improve customer/client services and satisfaction
-Strengthen on campus partnerships with all departments and divisions.
- Increase communication through more open meetings throughout the year.
Improve Student Engagement
-Promote all types of student involvement opportunities through the orientation program.
- Work with the orientation leaders so they can communicate those opportunities to new students and parents.
-Create opportunities for commuter students to be involved at UWG through the use of the Commuter Student Association, the Commuter Assistants, and programming in the Commuter Lounge.
Improve Student Success
-Create programs for all types of commuter students – traditional first year commuters, nontraditional commuters, and students “commuting” from local apartments and houses that will connect students with the support services available on campus.