Orientation Team and Information
ORIENTATION LEADER JOB DESCRIPTION
We’re looking for the best of the best, could that be you?
Please click here to apply: http://orientationapp.wufoo.com/forms/orientation-leader-application/
All applications are due by October 11th.
Not sure if the position is the right fit for you? Come to one of our 3 interest meetings at 8:30pm in the Commuter Lounge - UCC 311:
Orientation Leader Team Information:
Our team consists of:
36-40 Student Orientation Leaders
8 Parent Orientation Leaders
4 team leaders
What are the expectations of an Orientation Leader?
- Attend and complete all training requirements.
- Training for new OL’s will be held every Friday in March.
-All OL’s will attend the Training Retreat dates are tbd (usually held in May)
-Live in provided on-campus housing during Orientation Programs and Training
-Learn everything about West Georgia!|
-Participate in every Orientation session including Transitions Orientation (see list of dates below)
-Lead Group discussions about campus policies, procedures, activities, facilities and services.
- Give tours, encourage student participation and commit to getting a little silly.
-Serve as a role model and representative of UWG.
-Additional responsibilities as assigned.
What are the Qualifications to apply?
-A Minimum of a 2.5 cumulative grade point average during time of application and time of employment.
- Lack of honor or judicial offenses – please contact Melinda Bellemare Hofius with any questions 678-839-4734 -Commit to attending all training and orientation program days
-Free from other commitments. Orientation Leaders will NOT be able to take any Maymester or June Courses. Students can take Online courses.
-Must have a positive attitude, relate well with students and parents, and demonstrate a responsible attitude.
What are the benefits of being an Orientation Leader?
- Opportunity to enhance your interpersonal skills, knowledge, confidence, and service to others – it’s also great for your resume!
-Housing during training and during 2-day Orientation sessions
-You get paid! $7.25 per an hour – please note that FICA and taxes are taken out of salary
-Meals during all Orientation sessions are provided.
-You get UWG Gear! (tshirts, bookbag, umbrellas etc.)
- It’s FUN! Seriously, Orientation is tons of FUN!