Phase II of Orientation
As part of the UWG Orientation requirement, all new freshmen will attend Transitions Orientation on the afternoon of August 19th—the day before classes start. Your $10 payment for this program has already been received during the Orientation reservation process, and this will complete your orientation requirement.
At Transitions Orientation you will have an opportunity to:
- Attend Convocation- the ceremony that marks the beginning of your college career at UWG
- Participate in the lighting of the flame ceremony- an important UWG tradition.
- Meet other new freshmen
- Learn what it takes to be a successful college student
- Participate in the Welcome Back Celebration complete with Fireworks!
- Receive your class of 2016 Academic Planner
What you need to know:
- Bring your UWG ID. Don’t have an ID yet? Stop by Auxiliary Services the University Community Center, on the first day of school.
- If you are a commuter student (not living on campus in the Fall 2012 term), you will check in at the Coliseum on Sunday, August 19th. You will receive your name badge, a meal ticket, and your 2012 Planner.
- If you are a residential student (living on campus in the Fall 2012 term, in a UWG residence hall), you will come to Transitions Orientation with your entire residence hall. Your name badge and
- Wear your Class of 2016 tshirt- Your tshirt you received at Orientation should be worn to the Ceremony.
- Click here for a tentative schedule of the day.