Black and White Copies
If you need copies in a hurry, then quick-copy duplication is what you want. Publications and Printing uses high-speed Xerox Docutech copier/printers with in-line booklet makers and other automated finishing capabilites. (See Finishing and Binding.)
When you need color copies fast, Your On-Campus Copy Center is your answer. The DocuColor 240 is available for small-quantity, while-you-wait jobs. Long-run jobs are assigned to one of the digital color presses. You can create color covers for your black and white documents, full color posters up to 12" x 18", fliers, brochures and many other useful projects. Color copies cost 50 cents plus paper.
Change Your Black-and-White to Color
Your black and white document can be converted to a one color document (5 color choices); or your color converted to black and white to reduce your printing costs.
Placing Quick-Copy Requests
You can place most quick-copy requests without consulting department personnel. (See Tips.) There are three ways to place requests:
- Publications & Printing office: A Copy Request Form is available at the front counter, and you may pick up pads of these forms to take with you to your office.
- E-Mail: Documents may be submitted as an e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your file should be created the size you want it to print and saved as a pdf. This is accomplished by selecting the pdf option on your print menu as if you intended to print, and following the options to save the file on your hard drive or thumb drive. You will need to have the Adobe Acrobat driver installed under your print options. Your e-mail should include a detailed description of the job and how it is to be printed, along with your contact information and the campus account to be charged. Payment (cash or check) is requested for personal jobs when they are picked up.
- Print or Submit online: A Quick-Copy Request Form is available so that you may send your request on line while your material is being delivered to the copy center. (Note: An incomplete form may lead to a delay in processing or incorrect duplication if we cannot locate you for consultation before the job is due for completion.)
There are several guidelines to consider:
- Envelopes, panel cards, and some multiple-part forms (NCR) cannot be quick-copied.
- Nothing smaller than an 8.5" by 11" or larger than an 11" by 17" sheet can be run on the black and white copiers.
- Smaller items can be run in multiples on a page and then cut down to your size requirements.
- Color copier max size is 12" x 18" (image area 11.75" x 17.75").
- Many jobs can be copied while you wait. Turnaround time for more complex duplicating jobs is normally 24 hours. Jobs with a large number of originals, and/or copies that require binding procedures not a part of the quick-copy automated system, may take longer.
Faculty are asked to sign in exams on the test log and hand them to a staff member to be locked in the test cabinet. After duplicating, tests are again locked in the cabinet until requested. To ensure proper security, do not send exams through campus mail or leave in the drop box outside Publications and Printing.
It is important that the request form is filled out completely, including:
- Total number of copies you will need.
- Date and time the copies are needed.
- Paper to be used.
- Account number to be charged.
- Name and extension number of contact person.
- Whether the material is to be collated and/or stitched (stapled).
The url for the Quick Copy Request Form is pubprint/index_3190.php and the form will guide you through the information needed.