Petty Cash Procedures
The Business Office maintains a petty cash fund for purchases under $100.00 for the convenient and efficient purchase of small items. To process a petty cash purchase the user should:
- Obtain a paid receipt for small purchases.
- Complete a petty cash form.
- For food purchases complete Food Purchase Form Also.
- Indicate account number to be charged.
- The department head and appropriate dean or vice president should also approve form, if necessary.
- Present petty cash form and paid receipt to the Cashier's for approval.
- Food Forms must be approved in The Controller's office before presenting the form to the Cashier's.