Payment of Consultants
The University often finds it necessary to employee consultants to provide additional services. To process a consultant payment the user department should:
- Submit a Special Request via ePro and attach a completed Consultant form .
- Include the account to be charged. The appropriate object code is 751103
- An employee of the University of West Georgia cannot be paid as a consultant.
- The Consultant Service Agreement between Institutions must be completed to hire a consultant who is an employee of another BOR institution. This form requires signatures from the President at both institutions.
If Consultant's price is greater than $25,000 bid procedures must be followed unless the consultants' services are exempt. Exemptions are defined as professional services and a list of exemptions are listed below:
- Certified Public Accountancy
- Actuarial Services
- Landscape Architecture
- Interior Design
- Professional Engineering
- Veterinary Medicine
- Registered Professional Nursing
- Harbor Piloting
- Land Surveying
- Medicine and surgery