Students are assigned to departments for advising based on their majors or programs of study.
Departments will direct students to the appropriate advisor within the major or program, depending on program requirements and areas of faculty expertise. For additional information on Academic Advising, see our Academic Advising at UWG home page.
All students who have declared a major or have a specific field of interest, with exceptions noted below, will be advised in the department of their major or area of interest. Academic departments may assign advisees to individual faculty members based upon the student’s plan of study.
- All freshmen who are undecided about a major will be advised in the EXCEL Center, UCC.
- Secondary Education majors should see their subject (math, history, etc.) advisor for all core/subject classes and then see the College of Education advisor for all education classes.
- Honors students will be advised in the Honors House by the Dean of the Honors College, staff members of the Honors College, or a member of the Honors College Committee.
- All joint enrolled high school students, including The Advanced Academy, will be advised in the Honors House.
- All students with one or more learning support requirements or college preparatory curriculum deficiencies will be advised in the Department of Learning Support, Strozier Hall 110.
eCore students will be advised by their academic advisor, but should consult with the eCore Advisor before enrolling in eCore courses. To talk with an eCore Advisor, call the eCore Helpline at 678-839-5300 and ask to speak with an eCore Advisor. Any student interested in enrolling in an eCore course(s) must first take the eCore Online Orientation (and short quiz) unless taken previously. For registration instructions go to: http://ecore.usg.edu/reg.
|Anthropology||Anthropology Bldg. 01-B|
|Computer Science||TLC 2200|
|Early Childhood Education||COE Advisement Ctr. 240|
|Foreign Language||Cobb 107|
|Management/Bus. Sys.||Bus 110|
|Marketing/Real Estate||Bus 161|
|Mass Comm/Theatre||Human 139|
|Middle Grades Education||COE Advisement Ctr. 240|
|Philosophy||Human 1st Floor|
|Physical Education||COE Advisement Ctr. 240|
|Political Sci./Planning||Pafford 140|
|Secondary Education||COE Advisement Ctr. 240|
|Special Education||COE Advisement Ctr. 240|
|Speech-Language Pathology||COE Advisement Ctr. 240|
|Sport Management||COE Advisement Ctr. 240|