Housing and Residence Life
If you are locked out of your room or if your keys have been lost or stolen, you need to be aware of the following policies and procedures:
Whenever you are locked out please call ResSTAR at (678) 839-4718.
• Your room assignment will be verified prior to gaining access to your room. You can only be granted access to the room you are assigned to. Entry cannot be granted to suitemates, apartment-mates, friends or relatives.
• If you are locked out of your room, please ensure that you inform the staff of your exact location so they know where to meet you.
• You will be asked to display your permanent room key when you gain access to your room. If staff learn that your keys are lost, a lock change at your expense will be ordered within the next business day.
• You will be asked to produce your UWG ID or an alternate form of identification to verify your identity. If your UWG ID card is lost, we cannot provide you with a temporary key or swipe card to enable you to access your building, you will be required to replace your ID card. Replacement UWG ID cards can be obtained through the ID Card office located on the third floor of the UCC. Replacement cards cost $20.00
• After the first day of classes each semester, you will incur a charge for lock out assistance; a schedule of charges is shown below.
|Lockouts before the first day of classes||No Charge|
|Every lock out thereafter||$10.00|
• You will receive an email reminding you of the importance of safety when you are billed. If any student reaches a fifth lock out, he or she will receive a letter asking them to schedule a non-disciplinary meeting with a hall professional staff member to discuss their lockouts.
• If your keys have been lost or stolen, please check with your hall staff and the University Police to see if your keys have been turned in to lost and found before requesting a lock change.
• The cost of a lock change is always the responsibility of the resident. Lock changes must be paid in full prior to initiating the lock change. If you do not have the money to pay for the lock change in advance, you may request to have a hold placed on your student account until you can pay at a later date. Please note that if you have a hold placed on your account, it will prevent you from registering from classes and/or modifying your class schedule.
Shown below are the charges for lock changes:
|Traditional Halls: Gunn, Tyus, Bowdon
|The Oaks, Center Pointe Suites and University Suites:
Double Occupancy or Single Suites
|Arbor View Apartments:
Four Bedroom Apartment
Two Bedroom Apartment