Residence Life Home at The University of West Georgia
University of West Georgia
Residence Life Home
Check in Checklist
- Review your Room Inventory Form (called “RIF” for short) to ensure that the description of the condition of your room/suite/apartment is accurate. You have 72 hours from the time you check in to advise your Resident Assistant (RA) of any changes that need to be made to the report. After that time, you will be financially responsible for any damages or insufficient cleaning noted at the time of your check-out.
- Hook up your TV to the cable outlet. Basic cable service is provided at no additional cost to you. While the TV is on, tune in to Channel 20, ResView, for information on upcoming events and free recent release movies!
- Prepare for the arrival of your roommate(s) by ensuring that one side of your shared bedroom is completely clear and ready for him or her to move in. Ensure that shared spaces such as refrigerators, cabinets, and bathrooms have sufficient space for your roommate(s). Make a round of your floor and introduce yourself to other residents.
- Decorate and make yourself at home. Discuss decorating and furniture organization plans with your roommate(s) and be sure you follow the room decorating guidelines.
- Walk and explore your hall. Look for your RA’s room, laundry rooms, vending areas, lounges, and game rooms. Take a walk outside and find the trash dumpster, outdoor lounge spaces, and bus stops.
- Carefully review the emergency evacuation procedures and fire safety information posted on the back of your room door. Identify the building exit door closest to your room.
- Get to know your residence hall staff. You can find the name of your hall professional staff member, called a Resident Director (RD) or Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) and his or her supervisor, called an Area Coordinator (AC) here.
- Read and understand the UWG Student Conduct Code and Housing and Residence Life policies.
- If you have a car, make sure you have the appropriate sticker and familiarize yourself with the correct parking lots in your area of campus.
- Relax! Let any member of your hall staff know how we can help you feel more at home.