Cost and Financial Aid
$3,600 + UWG Tuition
Included in the Price
- Round-trip airfare.
- Textbooks and class materials.
- Homestay with a Costa Rican family. Students live within walking distance of the Intercultura Centro de Idiomas. Typically one UWG student lives with each family, although families sometime provide housing to foreign students from other US and European universities in separate rooms. Host families live close together so that it will be possible to walk to and from class with other UWG students. All families have undergone extensive vetting through Intercultura, and most have been hosting students for many years.
- Two meals per day with the homestay family. Students generally eat lunch at typical Costa Rican restaurants or markets within walking distance of Intercultura.
- Program-related excursions. The excursions for 2015 include:
Arenal Volcano and Baldi Hotsprings (1 night)
Manuel Antonio National Park and Beaches (2 nights)
La Paz Waterfall Gardens (day trip)
Bribri indigenous village (1 night)
- International Health Insurance.
You will pay for optional excursions, entertainment, personal purchases, and excess baggage if applicable. In addition, the exit fee from Costa Rica is $27 per person, and you must have this on hand at the airport when leaving Costa Rica. Out-of-State and graduate students are required to pay additional fees.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Students are often able to use financial aid to cover part of the cost of UWG tuition. A variety of scholarships are available from the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures, the International Services and Programs Office, and other sources to cover program costs. Please email the directors, Dr. Betsy Dahms (email@example.com) or Dr. Gael Guzman-Medrano (firstname.lastname@example.org), to be put on an email list to receive updates on scholarship opportunities and application procedures.