SGA meets every Thursday at 3:30 p.m. in the Campus Center. Specific locations vary, so please visit From the President's Desk for details on locations. These meetings are open to the public. Please feel free to join us to find out how to become a part of SGA or to just learn what is going on around our campus!
The mission and duties of the Student Government Association are:
- to provide an official voice through which student opinion may be expressed.
- to enact programs necessary for the general welfare of the student body.
- to promote unity among the students, faculty, and staff of the University.
- to encourage a higher quality of education and educational opportunities for all students attending West Georgia.
- to participate actively in Faculty Senate Committees and governance structure of the University.
- to give students a chance to defend themselves through the Judiciary Commission.
Constitution: revised March 2013
Bylaws: revised April 2012