Kim Huett, Ed. D.
Phone: 678-839-6157 | Fax: 678-839-6153
Office: Education Annex 248
Hours: Mondays and Tuesdays, 8 - 11:30AM; 1:30 - 3:30 PM
Kim Huett is a lecturer of technology integration at the University of West Georgia in Carrollton, Georgia. She holds an Ed.S. in instructional technology from the University of West Georgia, an M.S. in Secondary Education from Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi and B.A. degrees in English and Spanish from the University of Texas at Austin. She has taught English and Spanish classes and has taught Spanish for the Texas Virtual School. Her research interests include K-12 online learning environments as well as the impact of emerging technologies on teaching and learning processes. She presents regularly at conferences in the area of instructional technology and is published in such peer-reviewed journals as American Journal of Distance Education and Quarterly Review of Distance Education.
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts in English, University of Texas, 1999
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts in Spanish, University of Texas, 1999
- M.S., Master of Science in Secondary Education, Texas A & M University, 2002
- Ed.S., Instructional Technology, University of West Georgia, 2011
Courses and Sections
- EDUC-2110 (Inv Crit and Contem Issues-Edu)
- MEDT-3401 (Integratng Technlgy in Curr HN)
- MEDT-7481 (Facilitating Online Learning)
Spring 2013 Sections
- EDUC-2110 (Inv Crit and Contem Issues-Edu) Section: N05 [View Syllabus]
- MEDT-3401 (Integratng Technology in Curr) Section: N04 [View Syllabus]
- MEDT-3401 (Integratng Technology in Curr) Section: N05 [View Syllabus]
- MEDT-3401 (Integratng Technology in Curr) Section: N06 [View Syllabus]
- MEDT-3401 (Integratng Technlgy in Curr HN) Section: N1H [View Syllabus]
- Huett, J., Sharp, J., & Huett, K. (2010). What’s all the FOSS? How freedom and openness are changing the face of our educational landscape. International Journal of Open Source Software and Processes, 1(2), 1-14.
- Huett, K., Huett, J., & Bennett, E. (2009). Podcasting, free and simple. The Georgia Educational Technology Conference (GaETC), Atlanta, GA. [View Publication]