Jody Bryan, BSN, RN, MPH
Phone: 678-839-5636 | Fax: 678-839-6553
Office: School of Nursing Building 324
One of the most important experiences I can provide for my students is the opportunity to learn to truly listen, respectfully, to each others' differing views, analyses, experiences, passions, and concerns. As nurses, we certainly do not always agree with each other, but I believe that we all share, at some level, an innate caring and concern for our fellow humans as we experience joy and pain, sickness and health. Through hearing and trying to understand viewpoints that may differ from our own, we gain an understanding of why and how others think the way they do, and we often gain an appreciation for the complexity that underlies most situations and relationships - life is more often "gray" than "black or white."
I take my role as a teacher very seriously, but I also believe that every student in the class has lessons to teach his/her classmates - and every time I interact with students, they teach me as well. Through discussions of case studies, clinical situations, and current social and political events, we can think critically and apply theoretical concepts to "real life;" this enables us to truly learn the subject matter and to experience personal growth.
My hopes are that every student in my class feels motivated to come to class prepared in order to maximize the learning experience, that every student feels the classroom is a safe place to participate in a thoughtful discussion - a place where both humor and seriousness have a place - and that every student feels surprised or curious about something that he/she has learned over the course of the semester.
- NURS-4525 (Profs Prac Issues & Concepts) Section: 01D
- NURS-4525 (Profs Prac Issues & Concepts) Section: 02D
- NURS-4525 (Profs Prac Issues & Concepts) Section: 91D
- NURS-4345 (Community Health Nurs Practice) Section: 91
- NURS-4545 (Nurs Ldrship in Hlthcare Commu) Section: 01D
- NURS-4345 (Community Health Nurs Practice) Section: 01
- NURS-4345 (Community Health Nurs Practice) Section: 02
- NURS-4345 (Community Health Nurs Practice) Section: 03
- NURS-4545 (Nurs Ldrship in Hlthcare Commu) Section: 02D
- M.S., Master of Public Health, University of Tennessee, Knoxville,
- B.S., Bachelor of Science in Nursing, University of Wyoming,
Areas of Expertise or Professional Interests
Maternal and Child Health
Professional Memberships and Certifications
Georgia Nurses Association
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing Pi Nu Chapter
Georgia Public Health Association
American Public Health Association
Enjoying/laughing with family and friends, singing out loud and dancing to all sorts of music, reading, jogging/walking, public health and politics
The most unique thing about our program is
The faculty truly cares about our students, each other, and the profession. We want students to be successful, both as nurses and as people, and we truly try to model and live the caring philosophy.