Elaine Roberts, Ph.D., is an associate professor of Language and Literacy Education at the University of West Georgia. She was a leader in the development of the Reading Endorsement for the state of Georgia. She has written two books, numerous articles in peer reviewed journals, presented at conferences state-wide, regionally, nationally and internationally, and provided professional development for literacy assessment and instruction. She was a team member of the state of Georgia, Members of the National Governors Association Institute for Statewide Literacy Initiatives, Carnegie Corporation, at Harvard University. Her scholarly interests include critical literacy, word study with comprehension, and student progress monitoring across the content areas for life-long learning. She helped initiate the University of West Georgia Reading Clinic, was a university reading clinic supervisor, taught elementary and high school and provided professional learning to middle school teachers to integrate literacy in all content areas. She enjoys working as a literacy consultant with P-12 schools.
- M.Ed., Masters Degree in Reading Education, State University of New York at New Paltz, 1979
- Ed.S., Reading Specialist, University of Toledo, 1991
- Ph.D., Major: Curriculum and Instruction, Minor: Social Foundations/Multicultural Education, University of Toledo, 1996
Courses and Sections
- READ-3262 (Tch Content/Process:Read Educ)
- READ-4251 (Assess/Correction Read Educ)
- READ-7262 (Trends in Reading Instruction)
- READ-7263 (Diagnosis & Corr of Read Prob)
- READ-7265 (Literature Based Reading)
- READ-7271 (Read Theory,Develp, Practices)
- READ-7281 (Clinical Practice in Literacy)
Spring 2014 Sections
- READ-3262 (Tch Content/Process:Read Educ) Section: 02
- READ-7262 (Trends in Reading Instruction) Section: N01 [View Syllabus]
- READ-7263 (Comp Lit Assessmnt & Intervent) Section: N01 [View Syllabus]
- READ-7265 (Literature Based Reading) Section: N01
- READ-7281 (Clinical Practice in Literacy) Section: N02
Spring 2013 Sections
- Book: Coffey, D., & Roberts, E. (2012). Keys to literacy instruction in the elementary grades. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing. www.kendallhunt.com [View Publication]
- Book: Roberts, E., & Cofey, D. (2013). Keys to literacy instruction for the NET generation, grades 4-12. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing. www.kendallhunt.com [View Publication]
- Roberts, E.(2010). Reading Strategies in the Nutshell. Regional Support Team Meeting, Region 2, East Georgia College, Swainsboro, Georgia.
- State of Georgia Members of the National Governors Association Institute for Statewide Literacy Initiatives (2002). State of Georgia Initiatives. Carnegie Corporation, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.