Judy Butler, Ed. D.
Phone: 678-839-6079 | Fax: 678-839-6195
Office: Coliseum 2048
Dr. Butler teaches in the Secondary Education programs which are located in the Department of Leadership and Instruction. Her areas of expertise include social studies education, the era of school integration, and civic education. Among other service endeavors, she serves on the International Programs Committee for the College of Education at UWG. She is in her seventeenth year at the university.
- BS Ed., Secondary Education, Southern Arkansas University, 1969
- M.A., Liberal Studies, University of Oklahoma, 1982
- Ed.D., Curriculum and Instructional Leadership, Vanderbilt University, 1995
- SEED-4243 (Instruct Strat: Sec Soc Sci Ed) [ View Syllabus ]
- SEED-4286 (Teaching Internship) [ View Syllabus ]
- SEED-4289 (Teaching Internship Seminar) [ View Syllabus ]
- SEED-7261 (Adv Instruc Strat English Educ) Sec. 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- SEED-7262 (Adv Instruc Strat Soc Studies) Sec. 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- SEED-7289 (Teaching Internship Seminar) Sec. 01D [ View Syllabus ]
- Nazzal, A. & Butler J. (2010). What do middle school candidates know about geography? GATEways to Teacher Education, 20. This article describes a pilot study carried out in a university in the southeastern United States that prepares candidates in middle [ View Publication ]
- Strickland, J.S. & Butler J. (2005). Establishing guidelines for determining appropriate courses for online delivery. Journal of Interactive Online Learning, 4(2), 129. The purpose of this case study was to determine if one particular course is appropri [ View Publication ]
- Williamson, J. & Butler, J. (2011). Remember: The journey to school integration. Notable Trade Book Lesson Plan. Social Studies Research and Practice, 6(1). [ View Publication ]