O.P. Cooper, Ed. D.
Phone: 678-839-6558 | Fax: 678-839-6153
Office: Education Annex 141
Dr. O.P. Cooper's education includes: B.A. English, Shorter College, 1976; M.Ed., Sec. Ed./English, UT-Chattanooga, 1981.; Ed.D. Lang. Ed., UGA, 1988. Dr. Cooper's public school experience includes high school English teacher and coach, media specialist and district coordinator of media, and assistant superintendent for technology. He also served as director of one of the Georgia Department of Education's Technology Training Centers. He has taught courses in media and instructional technology at UWG since 2006. Dr. Cooper's wife, Devonne, teaches music at Carrollton Elementary, where she founded and continues to lead the violin program. They have four children.
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts in English, Shorter College, 1976
- M.S., Masters of Education in Secondary Education/English, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 1981
- Ed.D., Doctor of Education, University of Georgia, 1988
- MEDT-6461 (Admin of School Media Center) Sec. N01 [ View Syllabus ]
- MEDT-6465 (Selection and Materials) Sec. N01 [ View Syllabus ]
- MEDT-7477 (Technology for Media Services) Sec. N01 [ View Syllabus ]
- By O. P. Cooper and Marty Bray. TechTrends, vol. 55.4, July/August 2011.
- Cooper, O.P. (2010, April). Desktop virtualization: Issues, examples, observations. Online seminar, AECT webinar series.
- Putney, D., Snipes, P., Bennett, E., and Cooper, O.P. (2009, October). Animoto: Creating action-packed presentations, Georgia Council of Media Organizations Joint Conference, Columbus, GA.
- Putney, D., Snipes, P., Bennett, E., and Cooper, O.P. (2009, November). See it, hear it, live it: Capture life with Web 2.0. Georgia Educational Technology Conference, Atlanta, GA.