Phyllis Snipes, Ph.D.
Phone: 678-839-6154 | Fax: 678-839-6153
Office: Education Annex 148
Hours: Online 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and office by appointment
Dr. Phyllis R. Snipes is Associate Professor of School Library Media in the College of Education and teaches graduate courses in the Department of Educational Technology & Foundations. Her research focuses on student use and teacher preparation for implementation of the state of Georgiaâ€™s GALILEO databases in P-12 instruction. Publications include an overview of methods for authority control within a school media center, specifically a comparison of traditional methods with Web 2.0 social networking tools. Prior to her appointment at UWG, Dr. Snipes served as a district media coordinator, teacher, and media specialist in the Georgia public schools for 30 years and taught as adjunct faculty at UWG and GA State University for 17 years.
- B.S., Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education, University of West Georgia, 1974
- M.Ed., Master of Education in early Childhood Education, University of West Georgia, 1978
- Ed.S., Education Specialist in School Library Media Technology, Georgia State University, 1985
- Ph.D., Doctor of Philosophy in School Library Media Technology, Georgia State University, 1992
Courses and Sections
- EDSI-9998 (Research for Doc Dissertation)
- MEDT-6461 (Admin of School Media Center)
- MEDT-6463 (Cataloging)
- MEDT-6466 (Media Program)
- MEDT-7469 (Superv of Schl Libr Media Prog)
- MEDT-7478 (Automating School Media Center)
- MEDT-7485 (Selctng/Eval Electronic Resour)
- MEDT-7487 (Practicum)
Fall 2014 Sections
- Snipes, P. (2007). Folksonomy vs. Minnie Earl and Melville. LMC: Library Media Connection 25, 7.
- Snipes, P. (2010). Teacher’s domain: A Powerful tool. Available from Georgia Library Media Association, http://glma.wordpress.com [View Publication]