Diana Mindrila, Ph.D.
Phone: 678-839-5520 | Fax: 678-839-6153
Office: Education Annex 128
Dr. Mindrila is an Assistant Professor of Educational Research at the University of West Georgia. Her teaching experience includes courses in classroom assessment, research methodology, and program evaluation. Her research interests include the development of typologies of school behavior using multilevel multivariate classification procedures. She is also working on developing school climate typologies and investigates the relationship between school climate groupings and measures of school effectiveness. Dr. Mindrila published methodological studies in the realm of structural equation modeling, cluster analysis, and factor analysis.
- BS, Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Bucharest, 2003
- M.Ed., Instructional Accommodations, Francis Marion University, 2006
- M.Ed., Educational Research, University of South Carolina, 2010
- PhD, Educational Psychology and Research, University of South Carolina, 2012
- DiStefano, C., Mindrila, D. (2013). Cluster Analysis, in Timothy Teo (Ed.), Handbook of Quantitative Methods for Educational Research, 103-122.
- DiStefano, C., Mindrila, D., Monrad, D. (2013).Investigating factorial invariance of teacher climate factors across school organizational levels, in M.S. Hine (ed.). Applications of Structural Equation Modeling in Educational Research and Practice (257-275
- Webster, C. A., Mindrila, D. & Weaver, G. (2013). Affective learning profiles in compulsory high school physical education: an instructional communication perspective, Journal Of Teaching In Physical Education, 32 (1), 78-99. [View Publication]
- Webster, C., Mindrila, D., Weaver, G. (2011). The influence of state motivation, content relevance and affective learning on high school studentsâ€™ intentions to utilize class content following completion of compulsory physical education
- DiStefano, C. A., Kamphaus R.W., Mindrila, D. (2010). A typology of teacher-rated child behavior: Revisiting subgroups over 10 years later, School Psychology Quarterly, Vol. 25(3), 152-163.
- Mindrila, D. L. (2010)., Maximum Likelihood (ML) and Diagonally Weighted Least Squares (DWLS) estimation procedures: A comparison of estimation bias with ordinal and multivariate non-normal dataInternational, Journal for Digital Society (IJDS), vol 1 (1). [View Publication]
- DiStefano C., Zhu M., Mindrila, D. (2009). Understanding and using factor scores: Considerations for the applied researcherPractical Assessment, Research, & Evaluation, vol. 14, 20. [View Publication]
- Mindrila, D. L. (2009). Features of the Receiver Operating Characteristic analysis and its potential uses in educational assessment, Annales Universitatis Apulensis, Series Paedagogica.
Courses and Sections
- EDSI-9903 (Dissertation Mentoring Sec 3)
- EDSI-9961 (Quantitative Research Methods)
- EDSI-9998 (Research for Doc Dissertation)
- MEDT-8480 (Program Evaluation)
- MEDT-8484 (Resrch Media & Instuct Tech)