Phone: 678-839-5967 | Fax: 678-839-5931
Office: Cobb Hall 104
Betsy Dahms obtained her B.A. in Spanish from Centre College and her M.A. and Ph.D in Hispanic Studies with a certificate in Gender and Women’s Studies from the University of Kentucky. Dahms teaches Latin American and U.S. Latino Literatures in addition to Spanish language courses.
Her publications include “Es mucho hombre esta mujer: Una lectura Queer de Teresa en Sab” published in Retomando la palabra: las pioneras del diecinueve en diálogo con la crítica contemporánea (September 2012 Iberoamericana), "Pussy for Life: Adherence and Deviance from the Dominican Masculine Code in Junot Díaz's Drown" (MIFLC Review) and most recently "Shamanic Urgency and Two-Way Movement as Writing Style in the Works of Gloria Anzaldúa" in Letras Femeninas.
She is currently co-editing an anthology entitled Queer Perspectives in Anzaldúa: Post/Borderlands.
- SPAN-1002 (Elementary Spanish II) Section: 05
- SPAN-1002 (Elementary Spanish II) Section: 07
- XIDS-2100 (Intro to Gender & Sexuality) Section: 01
- SPAN-1001 (Elementary Spanish I) Section: 08
- SPAN-1001 (Elementary Spanish I) Section: 12
- UWG-1101 (First Year Univ. Experience) Section: 12
- SPAN-4785 (Latino/Chicano Literature) Section: 01W
- SPAN-2002 (Intermediate Spanish II) Section: 01
- SPAN-2002 (Intermediate Spanish II) Section: 02
- SPAN-2001 (Intermediate Spanish I) Section: 02
- SPAN-2001 (Intermediate Spanish I) Section: 03
- SPAN-4013 (Latin- Amer Culture & Civiliz) Section: 01W