Shannon Finck, Ph.D.
Limited-Term Assistant Professor
Phone: 678-839-6512 | Fax: 678-839-4849
Office: Technology Learning Center 1114
Shannon Finck is a brand new instructor of English at the University of West Georgia! She completed a Ph.D. in 20th-Century American Literature and Transnational Literatures at Georgia State University in 2014 and also holds an M.F.A. in Creative Nonfiction from Georgia College & State University. She has published both critical and creative work in such journals as a/b: Autobiography Studies, LIT Literature Interpretation Theory, FUGUE, and The Journal of Modern Literature. Shannon's non-academic, but not uncritical, interests include trashed out 60s garage music, vintage Japanese motorcycles, and guerrilla gardening (though she would not call herself a green thumb). General teaching and research interests include: postmodernism, gender studies, feminism, ecocriticism, theory & philosophy, experimental writing, life-writing, and pop culture.
- B.A., English, Saint Leo University, 2005
- M.F.A., Creative Nonfiction, Georgia College & State University, 2007
- 20th-Century American and Transnational Literatures and Contemporary Critical Theory, Georgia State University, 2014
Courses and Sections
- ENGL-1101 (English Composition I)
- ENGL-1102 (English Composition II)
Fall 2014 Sections