Mai Naito, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Criminology
Phone: 678-839-5160 | Fax:
Office: Pafford Social Science Building 221
Dr. Naito joined the faculty of the Department of Criminology in August 2014 after receiving her Ph.D. in Criminal Justice from Sam Houston State University. Her undergraduate degree is in Criminal Justice from the University of West Florida, and a Masters degree from the Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Her research agenda consists of wrongful convictions, specifically the legal aspects of eyewitness identification, and jury composition and decision-making. Her teaching interests include courts, criminal procedures, criminal law, judicial process, and other related topics.
- B.A., Criminal Justice, University of West Florida, 2009
- M.A., Criminology, Indiana University of Pennsylvania, 2010
- Ph.D., Criminal Justice & Criminology, Sam Houston State University, 2014
Courses and Sections
- CRIM-4231 (Women & Criminal Justice)
- CRIM-4284 (Senior Capstone)
- CRIM-4712 (Law and Society)