Phone: 678-839-6505 | Fax: 678-839-6506
Office: Pafford Social Science Building
Christina Wolfe joined the Department of Sociology at the University of West Georgia in 2012. She is a dual-degree Doctoral Candidate in the departments of Sociology and Demography at Pennsylvania State University. Her dissertation is entitled “Childhood Poverty and Family Formation” and is being written under the direction of Professor Alan Booth. She looks at the linkages between family income in childhood and family structure in young adulthood as well as intergenerational transmission of family structure.
Her other research looks at time use differences between married and cohabiting families with children in the household. Her previous work with Dr. Jennifer Hook has been published in European Sociological Review and Journal of Family Issues.
She has presented her research at such professional conferences as the Population Association of America, the American Sociological Association, and the Work and Family Researchers Network.
- B.A., Sociology (Concentration in Rural Sociology), Louisiana State University, 2007
- B.A., French (Concentration in Francophone Culture), Louisiana State University, 2007
- M.A., Sociology and Demography, Pennsylvania State University, 2010
- Ph.D., Sociology and Demography, Pennsylvania State University, 2013
- SOCI-3623 (Social Inequality) Section: N01
- SOCI-4445 (Sociology of Childhood) Section: N01
- SOCI-3293 (Marriage and Family) Section: 01
- SOCI-3603 (Sociology of Gender) Section: N01 [ View Syllabus ]
- SOCI-4000 (Research Methodology) Section: N01 [ View Syllabus ]
- SOCI-4000 (Research Methodology) Section: 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- SOCI-4445 (Sociology of Childhood) Section: 01 [ View Syllabus ]
- SOCI-4999 (Spec Seminars:Population) Section: 01 [ View Syllabus ]