Counseling & Career Development
Welcome to the Counseling & Career Development Center website!
We provide confidential counseling and support services to all enrolled UWG students. For more information, look through our pages or give us a call at 678-839-6428. Come visit us at 123 Row Hall!
Click on the red telephone on any page for appointment information.
Assessment and Intervention for:
- Adjustment to College
- Relationship Difficulties
- Depression, Stress and Anxiety
- Substance Abuse and Addiction
- Rape, Incest, Abuse or Other Personal Violations
- Eating Disorders
- Anger Problems
- Sleep Problems
- General Personal Concerns
- Crisis or Trauma Intervention
- Personal Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Online Counseling
- Career Counseling/Coaching
- Online Career Testing
- Study Skills and Educational Counseling (reading, note-taking, test anxiety, time-management)
- Accessibility Support Services (coordination of services and accommodations for physical, psychological and learning disorders)
- Classroom Programs
Vision:Our vision is a university counseling center where students identify and foster personal and external resources to help guide them in academic, social and emotional success, growth and development.
To bring this vision to reality:
- We provide counseling, psychotherapy, career development and accessibility support services to currently enrolled students.
- We provide outreach, consultation and crisis intervention to the University of West Georgia community.
- We provide clinical training and supervision for graduate level counselors in training.