Travel Home at The University of West Georgia
University of West Georgia
Cost Effective Transportation
- The State requires employees who travel to determine the most cost effective form of travel.
- Employees should compare the following modes of transportation when traveling:
- Cost of personal vehicle (# of miles * applicable Tier 1 rate)
- Cost/availability of fleet vehicles
- Cost of rental car from Enterprise
- Various airfare rates (for out-of-state travel)
- Employees are required to complete a Cost Effective Transportation Form for all transportation reimbursements and retain it in the department for audit purposes.