Travel Home at The University of West Georgia
University of West Georgia
Cost Effective Transportation
- The State requires employees who travel to determine the most cost effective form of travel.
- Employees should utilize a motor pool fleet vehicle if one is available. If a motor pool fleet vehicle is not available, the employee should compare the following modes of transportation when traveling:
- Cost of personal vehicle (# of miles * applicable Tier 1 rate)
- Cost of rental car from appropriate vendors under mandated state contracts.
- Various airfare rates (for out-of-state travel)
- A Cost Effective Transportation Form may be used to document the various transportation costs and to provide a document for recording the justification and approval of the selected mode of transportation.