Travel Home at The University of West Georgia
University of West Georgia
- When a fleet vehicle is not available and it is determined that a personal motor vehicle is the least expensive form of travel, the employee will be reimbursed for business miles traveled based on the applicable GSA Tier 1 Rate.
- If a fleet vehicle is available, but a personal motor vehicle is used, the employee will be reimbursed for business miles based on the applicable GSA Tier 2 Rate.
- If another method of travel is the most cost advantageous form of travel but a personal motor vehicle is used, the employee will be reimbursed at the Tier 2 rate. If traveler has a business need to drive his/her own personal vehicle, written pre-approval by the Department Manager is required for reimbursement at the Tier 1 rate.
- An employee who travels 180 miles or less (round trip) will be reimbursed at the Tier 1 rate without having to provide additional documentation.
- Traveler must also deduct personal or normal round-trip or one-way commute miles. If round trip miles are entered on one expense line, documentation must be submitted as to the places visited during the trip.