Travel Home at The University of West Georgia
University of West Georgia
- Commercial air transportation should be utilized when it is more effective and efficient to travel by air than by vehicle.
- Employees who travel by air should obtain the lowest available coach airfare to the specified destination.
- Travelers should use non-refundable fares when feasible.
- When reserving airfare, travelers should consider the following if the cost savings exceed $200:
- Lower cost flights that are available within two hours before or after the preferred flight time
- Connecting flights if connection does not add more than 2 hours to travel time and save $200
- Business class is allowable for international travel when approved in advance by the respective agency head or designee. First class travel reimbursement is prohibited.
- Federal regulations require that U.S. carriers be used for foreign travel for trips funded by federally sponsored programs, unless a U.S. carrier is not available.
- Additional upgrade fees for reserved or priority seating are a non-reimbursable expense. Exception will be considered if upgraded seating is the only economy seating available for required flight. For consideration of reimbursement, traveler must include such information in comments section of expense report submission and receive approval from the authority over the fund source.