Travel Home at The University of West Georgia
University of West Georgia
- Commercial air transportation should be utilized when it is more effective and efficient to travel by air than by vehicle.
- Employees who travel by air should obtain the lowest available coach airfare to the specified destination.
- Travelers should use non-refundable fares when feasible.
- When reserving airfare, travelers should consider the following if the cost savings exceed $200:
- Lower cost flights that are available within two hours before or after the preferred flight time
- Connecting flights if connection does not add more than 2 hours to travel time and save $200
- Business class is reimbursable for international travel if a portion of the flight exceeds 10 hours in duration or for travel to western Europe IF the business meeting is conducted within 3 hours of stated landing time. Prior written approval from Department Manager is required for this additional expense.
- Federal regulations require that U.S. carriers be used for foreign travel for trips funded by federally sponsored programs, unless a U.S. carrier is not available.