Important Information Concerning In-State Commercial Car Rentals
- Mandatory for use by university employees who may rent a car while traveling on official university business within the State of Georgia.
- Only employees of the University over the age of 21 will be authorized to drive the vehicle.
- The use or rental of 15-passenger vans must be pre-approved by the Office of Risk Management/EHS. Requests should be submitted in writing at least one week prior to the trip, and include justification for the use of these vehicles. Approvals will be granted on a case-by-case basis.
- Approved rental car sizes are: economy, compact or intermediate. Vans may be rented when there are more than 4 travelers. Other sizes require written business justification approved by the Department Manager.
- Personal use of a rented vehicle is prohibited.
- Traveler should decline fuel offerings.
- Contact Information: Carrollton Enterprise Office (770) 832-1330
- Primarily, the non CHMP - off airport rates will apply.
- The rental car can be picked up from any location in Georgia. You may pick up a car from a location that is most convenient to you.
- Enterprise rental reservations may be made on-line or by calling 1-800-RENT-A-CAR.
- If renting by phone or in person, please state that you are renting per the State of Georgia contract, and give the reservationist our account number (G21362) to ensure that you receive the proper rate and insurance coverage.
- When renting a vehicle outside of the local area, please reference our account #G21362 and let the reservationist know that we are tax-exempt and that insurance coverage is already included in our rate.
- When renting using the state contract, the Loss Damage Waiver is included in our rental fee if traveling on official state business.
- Enterprise provides roadside assistance for all vehicles rented through the statewide contract.
- Do not choose additional insurance options if on state business (rates have been negotiated nationally to include insurance coverage under State of Georgia guidelines.)
- If renting the vehicle for personal use, the state insurance coverage does not apply and additional insurance should be purchased accordingly. State liability insurance follows the individual - not the vehicle - while in the course and scope of his/her employment. If outside the course and scope; no insurance exists.
- Enterprise rentals cannot be direct billed to the University, nor can they be charged to the p-card per State of Georgia regulations. Please make the reservation on your personal credit card and turn in as a travel expense reimbursement.
- Keep Enterprise receipt and any gas receipts and turn in for reimbursement on your travel expense statement.