Important Information Concerning In-State Commercial Car Rentals
- Mandatory for use by university employees who may rent a car while on official university business originating in or traveling within the State of Georgia.
- Only employees of the University over the age of 21 will be authorized to drive the vehicle.
- The use or rental of 15-passenger vans must be pre-approved by the Office of Risk Management/EHS. Requests should be submitted in writing at least one week prior to the trip, and include justification for the use of these vehicles. Approvals will be granted on a case-by-case basis. Travelers should purchase additional insurance for 15 passenger vans not included in state contracts.
- Approved rental car sizes are: economy, compact or intermediate. Vans may be rented when there are more than 4 travelers. Other sizes require written business justification approved by the Department Manager.
- Personal use of a rented vehicle, including allowing friends or family to ride in a State rented vehicle, is prohibited.
- Traveler must decline optional fuel offerings per SAO Travel Policy
- Traveler must present valid driver's license and state employee identification card (UWG photo ID).
- Contact Information: Carrollton Enterprise Office (770) 832-1330 OR 1-800-Rent-A-Car
- Contact Information: Carrollton Hertz Office (770) 836-0743 OR 1-888-444-8500
- Primarily, the non CHMP - off airport rates will apply.
- The rental car can be picked up from any location in Georgia. You may pick up a car from a location that is most convenient to you.
- Enterprise rental reservations may be made on-line by clicking here, by calling the Carrollton Enterprise Office at (770) 832-1330, or by calling national reservations at 1-800-RENT-A-CAR.
- Hertz rental reservations may be made on-line by clicking here, by calling the Carrollton Hertz Office at (770) 836-0743, OR by calling national reservations at 1-888-444-8500.
- If renting by phone or in person, please state that you are renting per the State of Georgia contract, and give the reservationist our account number to ensure that you receive the proper rate and insurance coverage.
- Enterprise account # 03WESTG
- Hertz CDP # 2018752
- When renting a vehicle outside of the local area, please let the reservationist know that we are tax-exempt and insurance coverage is already included in our rate with the exception of 15 passeneger van rentals.
- When renting using the state contract, the Loss Damage Waiver is included in our rental fee if traveling on official state business.
- Do not choose additional insurance options if on state business (rates have been negotiated nationally to include insurance coverage under State of Georgia guidelines with the exception of 15 passenger van rentals).
- Both Enterprise and Hertz provide roadside assistance for all vehicles rented through the statewide contract.
- Enterprise OR Hertz rentals cannot be direct billed to the University, nor can they be charged to the p-card per State of Georgia regulations. Please make the reservation on your personal credit card and turn in as a travel expense reimbursement.
- Keep Enterprise AND Hertz receipt(s) to submit for reimbursement with your travel expense statement.
Personal Use Rentals
- If renting the vehicle for personal use, the state insurance coverage does not apply and additional insurance should be purchased accordingly. State liability insurance follows the individual - not the vehicle - while in the course and scope of his/her employment. If outside the course and scope; no insurance exists.
- As an additional benefit, Enterprise Car Rental offers state employees special rates for personal business. Code # 03W1070 should be used when making reservations for personal use car rental.