Important Information Concerning Out-of-State Commercial Car Rentals
- Mandatory for use by university employees who may need to rent a car from an origination point outside the state of Georgia, such as a destination airport.
- Approved rental car sizes are: economy, compact or intermediate. Vans may be rented when there are more than 4 travelers. Other sizes require written business justification approved by the Department Manager.
- Traveler must decline optional fuel offerings per SOA Travel Policy.
- Personal use of a rented vehicle, including allowing friends or family to ride in a State rented vehicle, is prohibited.
- Traveler must present valid driver's license and state employee identification card (UWG photo ID).
- The Hertz Corporation Car rental reservations may be made on-line at www.hertz.com, by calling the Carrollton Hertz Office at (770) 836-0743, by calling national reservations at 1-888-444-8500, or by walk-in.
- Please state that you are renting per the State of Georgia contract, and give the reservationist our CDP code # 2018752 to ensure that you receive the proper rate and insurance coverage.
- When renting using the state contract, the Loss Damage Waiver is included in our rental fee if traveling on official state business. Do not choose additional insurance options if on state business (rates have been negotiated nationally to include insurance coverage under State of Georgia guidelines.)
- If renting the vehicle for personal use, the state insurance coverage does not apply and additional insurance should be purchased accordingly. State liability insurance follows the individual - not the vehicle - while in the course and scope of his/her employment. If outside the course and scope; no insurance exists.
- The Hertz Corporation Car rentals cannot be direct billed to the University, nor can they be charged to the p-card per State of Georgia regulations. Please make the reservation on your personal credit card and turn in as a travel expense reimbursement.
- Keep the Hertz Corporation rental receipt to submit for reimbursement with your travel expense statement.