Important Information Concerning Out-of-State Commercial Car Rentals
- Mandatory for use by university employees who may need to rent a car from an origination point outside the state of Georgia.
- Approved rental car sizes are: economy, compact or intermediate. Vans may be rented when there are more than 4 travelers. Other sizes require written business justification approved by the Department Manager.
- Traveler should decline fuel offerings.
- Personal use of a rented vehicle is prohibited.
- National Car rental reservations may be made on-line at www.nationalcar.com or by calling 1-800-CAR-RENT.
- Please state that you are renting per the State of Georgia contract, and give the reservationist our State of Georgia Identification Number (5004625) to ensure that you receive the proper rate and insurance coverage.
- When renting using the state contract, the Loss Damage Waiver is included in our rental fee if traveling on official state business. Do not choose additional insurance options if on state business (rates have been negotiated nationally to include insurance coverage under State of Georgia guidelines.)
- If renting the vehicle for personal use, the state insurance coverage does not apply and additional insurance should be purchased accordingly. State liability insurance follows the individual - not the vehicle - while in the course and scope of his/her employment. If outside the course and scope; no insurance exists.
- National Car rentals cannot be direct billed to the University, nor can they be charged to the p-card per State of Georgia regulations. Please make the reservation on your personal credit card and turn in as a travel expense reimbursement.
- Keep National Car rental receipt and any gas receipts and turn in for reimbursement on your travel expense statement.