• FY14 Year End Processing Dates as related to Travel have been UPDATED and are available from the link on the Office of the Controller’s website. Note that these preliminary dates are subject to revision as additional information is received from various state agencies. Please continue to monitor the Daily Report for future releases.
05/30/2014 Last day for Prepaid Airfare and Registration for FY15 travel (1ST Qtr Only) to be paid from FY14 funds. IMPORTANT NOTE: All other travel expense with departure date in FY14 and return date in FY15 will be reimbursed with FY15 funding.
6/11/2014 5 p.m. Last day for PeopleSoft electronic data entry in the Expense module. Expense reports for reimbursement (including travel) must be electronically approved by all approvers and have a status of valid budget check to be considered eligible for payment against FY14 funds. Expense reports in pending or submitted statuses or those not fully approved at the department and project level will be marked as “denied” and purged from the PeopleSoft System.
6/13/2014 12 p.m. (Noon) If unable to submit electronic expense report by 06/11/14 deadline for travel with return date on or before 6/30/14, please contact Randy Miller (email@example.com) to make special arrangements to encumber FY14 funds with an approved travel authorization. Total travel expense per trip must be greater than $500 after prepayments. Approved travel authorizations must be received and date stamped in the Office of the Controller by 06/13/14 12 p.m. (Noon) deadline for anticipated travel with return date on or before 6/30/14 in order to encumber FY14 funds. Failure to do so will prohibit use of FY14 funds for FY14 travel expenses.
6/16/2014 12 p.m. (Noon) Printed, signed expense reports for electronic travel submissions through PeopleSoft for 6/11/14 deadline must be received and date stamped in the Office of the Controller. As noted above, electronic expense reports must have been fully approved, have a status of valid budget check, and all supporting documents be in order to utilize FY14 funds.
Please refrain from data entry into PeopleSoft Expenses after 6/11/14 as transactions will be purged from the system and placing FY14 funds at risk. Travel reimbursements for trips encumbered with specifically approved travel authorizations as well as any other travel which was not submitted electronically in the People Soft expense module by the 06/11/14 deadline will be issued in FY15 once open for business. No travel cash advances will be issued for trips with return dates later than 05/31/14. If questions, please contact Randy Miller, Assistant Controller, at ext 95329 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Publications & Printing has new equipment to cut shapes on adhesive-backed material. Think 'Fathead' type posters with the Wolf Head cut out. They are only $9 per linear foot. Call them today and order one for your office, 678-839-6483.
• Fiscal Year 15 tuition and fee rates are now available. Please visit the Bursar's Office website for information concerning tuition and fees for the upcoming semesters.
• PCard approver training will be held on May 21 at 9 a.m. in Row Hall 319. All approvers who approve P-Card transactions must participate in initial approver training upon being identified as an approver and annually as long as the approver approves P-Card transactions and statements for cardholder employees.
• PAR training will be held on May 21 at 10 a.m. in the Row Hall Training Room, 319. Budget Services has developed a hands-on training course for those employees at UWG who handle the task of preparing Personnel Action Requests (PAR’s) for their departments. We will talk about the fields that need to be filled out, where to find the data elements to complete the form, and review the routing process/signature authority for completion. Departmental Assistants and Budget Managers are invited to participate. Sessions are limited to 10 people and will be held in Row Hall, room 319. Please register through the link below to reserve your seat. Please note: this training is for the current paper PAR form only. Please Visit the University Meetings and Trainings tab on the Events Calendar to register.