• Please note that the FY14 deadline for submission of "non-encumbered" Payables Check Requests is receipt within the Office of the Controller by Wednesday, June 11, 2014 by 5 p.m. Check Requests must be fully approved and pass valid budget check status.
• FY14 Year End Processing Dates as related to Travel have been UPDATED and are available from the link on the Office of the Controller’s website. Note that these preliminary dates are subject to revision as additional information is received from various state agencies. Please continue to monitor the Daily Report for future releases.
6/11/2014 5 p.m. Last day for PeopleSoft electronic data entry in the Expense module. Expense reports for reimbursement (including travel) must be electronically approved by all approvers and have a status of valid budget check to be considered eligible for payment against FY14 funds. Expense reports in pending or submitted statuses or those not fully approved at the department and project level will be marked as “denied” and purged from the PeopleSoft System.
6/13/2014 12 p.m. (Noon) If unable to submit electronic expense report by 06/11/14 deadline for travel with return date on or before 6/30/14, please contact Randy Miller to make special arrangements to encumber FY14 funds with an approved travel authorization. Total travel expense per trip must be greater than $500 after prepayments. Approved travel authorizations must be received and date stamped in the Office of the Controller by 06/13/14 12 p.m. (Noon) deadline for anticipated travel with return date on or before 6/30/14 in order to encumber FY14 funds. Failure to do so will prohibit use of FY14 funds for FY14 travel expenses.
6/16/2014 12 p.m. (Noon) Printed, signed expense reports for electronic travel submissions through PeopleSoft for 6/11/14 deadline must be received and date stamped in the Office of the Controller. As noted above, electronic expense reports must have been fully approved, have a status of valid budget check, and all supporting documents be in order to utilize FY14 funds.
Please refrain from data entry into PeopleSoft Expenses after 6/11/14 as transactions will be purged from the system and placing FY14 funds at risk. Travel reimbursements for trips encumbered with specifically approved travel authorizations as well as any other travel which was not submitted electronically in the People Soft expense module by the 06/11/14 deadline will be issued in FY15 once open for business. No travel cash advances will be issued for trips with return dates later than 05/31/14. If questions, please contact Randy Miller, Assistant Controller, at ext 95329 or at email@example.com.
• The Spring 2014 edition of the sociNews, the newsletter of the Sociology Department, is now available. It can be viewed online here.
• Today at 3 p.m. come learn about what's in store for you at Desire2Learn FUSION 2014, scheduled for July 14-18 in Nashville, Tennessee. In this webinar, several FUSION presenters will share a sneak peek of their breakout sessions. We'll also share information about the special guest speakers, social events, Leadership Summit and much more. Even if you are unable to attend FUSION this year, you'll have a chance to sample the professional development opportunities during this webinar.
Intended audience: Clients
Hosted By: Barry Dahl, nior Community Manager, Digital & Social Marketing
• A training session for entering travel expense reports through the PeopleSoft Financials Travel and Expense module will be held on June 9 at 9 am in Row Hall room 319. Participants will receive instruction on registering for a PeopleSoft account and entering travel expense reports into the Travel and Expense module. This is an instructor led class. No data entry will be completed in class. Visit the University Meetings and Trainings tab on the Events Calendar to register.