• FY14 Year End Processing Dates as related to Travel have been UPDATED and are available from the link on the Office of the Controller’s website. Note that these preliminary dates are subject to revision as additional information is received from various state agencies. Please continue to monitor the Daily Report for future releases.
6/11/2014 5 p.m. Last day for PeopleSoft electronic data entry in the Expense module. Expense reports for reimbursement (including travel) must be electronically approved by all approvers and have a status of valid budget check to be considered eligible for payment against FY14 funds. Expense reports in pending or submitted statuses or those not fully approved at the department and project level will be marked as “denied” and purged from the PeopleSoft System.
6/13/2014 12 p.m. (Noon) If unable to submit electronic expense report by 06/11/14 deadline for travel with return date on or before 6/30/14, please contact Randy Miller to make special arrangements to encumber FY14 funds with an approved travel authorization. Total travel expense per trip must be greater than $500 after prepayments. Approved travel authorizations must be received and date stamped in the Office of the Controller by 06/13/14 12 p.m. (Noon) deadline for anticipated travel with return date on or before 6/30/14 in order to encumber FY14 funds. Failure to do so will prohibit use of FY14 funds for FY14 travel expenses.
6/16/2014 12 p.m. (Noon) Printed, signed expense reports for electronic travel submissions through PeopleSoft for 6/11/14 deadline must be received and date stamped in the Office of the Controller. As noted above, electronic expense reports must have been fully approved, have a status of valid budget check, and all supporting documents be in order to utilize FY14 funds.
Please refrain from data entry into PeopleSoft Expenses after 6/11/14 as transactions will be purged from the system and placing FY14 funds at risk. Travel reimbursements for trips encumbered with specifically approved travel authorizations as well as any other travel which was not submitted electronically in the People Soft expense module by the 06/11/14 deadline will be issued in FY15 once open for business. No travel cash advances will be issued for trips with return dates later than 05/31/14. If questions, please contact Randy Miller, Assistant Controller, at ext 95329.
• There will be a UWG Community Garden weeding opportunity today from 12:30-2 p.m. Anyone is welcome to participate and join the fun and enjoy the benefits. The garden is located behind the bus and track storage near the Figure 8 trail on campus.
• Please note that all July commencement rental doctoral regalia requests are due to Wanda Walker at the UWG Bookstore no later than Thursday, June 19. An all-faculty email with the order form was sent. If you have any questions, please contact Wanda by email or phone, 678-839-5569.
• Carroll County Relay For Life Spirit Night, American Pie is hosting a Spirit Night tonight from 5-9 pm. Come out and grab dinner and 15% of your ticket will go towards Relay for Life. Print out the coupons and pass them along to friends and family. If you would like to make a donation you can do so by visiting our website.
• ADP Manager Training will be held on June 17 at 9 am in Row Hall room 319. This course is for both bi-weekly and monthly employees (faculty and staff) who supervise and approve another employee's (full-time, student, casual labor, etc.) timecard. This course will instruct participants on how to enter their own hours worked or exception time into the ADP eTime system. It will also provide instruction on how to approve another employee's timecard. Participants of this course should be the supervisor of at least one other employee. Visit the University Meetings and Trainings tab on the Events Calendar to register.
• Purchasing 101 training will be held on June 17 at 2 pm in Row Hall 319. This training is designed to instruct participants on the various procurement methods, steps to completing an Informal Request for Quote and a discussion on the documentation required by Purchasing when submitting requisitions.