UWG Daily Report
• Cost Effective Tier 1 Mileage Revision
• SAEM Announces New Student Conduct Specialist
• Annual Report of the Ombuds Office
• Blackboard Services Down
• Special UWG Ticket Pricing for Braves vs. Mets
• Department Approver Training
• ePro Tips and Tricks
• Retired Secretary Joyce Tuttle Passes Away
• The Office of the Controller has completed a semi-annual review of the blanket mileage comparison and determined that the current 160 mile exemption which allows reimbursement at the Tier 1 rate without the Cost Effective Transportation Form shall be increased to 180 round trip miles effective for travel on or after July 1, 2014. For questions, please contact Randy Miller at ext 95329.
• The Annual Report of the Ombuds Office for FY14 is now available. If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact Patricia Pinkard or Bob Schaefer at X94165.
• Beginning at 7 a.m. on July 1, Blackboard Services will be down for a system upgrade. Services unavailable include: Laundry, Lab printers, paid copy machines, Wolf Bucks Deposit Stations and Wolf Bucks on vending machines. Also Publications & Printing, the Bookstore, Wolves Card Office and Papa Johns will be unable to accept Wolf Bucks or Dining Dollar transactions. Services should be restored by 5 p.m. on July 3.
• Special ticket prices for the July 2 Braves vs Mets game for all UWG faculty, staff and students. You may purchase them online for discounted Upper Deck at www.braves.com/college or for Outfield, Terrace Reserved or Club Reserved discount seats at www.braves.com/cocacola. Let's show the Braves our Wolves HOWL!
• Department Approver (formerly PeopleSoft Approver) training will be held on July 8 at 9 a.m. in Row Hall 319. This training is required of any approver or department manager who will be approving transactions electronically through the PeopleSoft system and/or PCard purchases. This includes transactions for the Travel and Expense module, the eProcurement module & PCards. Pre-registration and completion of a Security Request Form is required prior to training. Visit the University Meetings and Trainings tab on the Events Calendar to register.
• Need some ePro Tips & Tricks? Training will be held on July 7 at 2 pm in Row Hall 319. Bring your cup of coffee and join Tricia Durrough and the Center for Business Excellence for “The Training Coffee Hour.” This short session will focus on tips and tricks when using the PeopleSoft eProcurement system. This session is targeted towards individuals who already know how to use PeopleSoft for requisition creation, but need some advanced training on all it has to offer. Visit the University Meetings and Trainings tab on the Events Calendar to register.
• Joyce A. Tuttle, retired Senior Secretary (Psychology 1991-1992; Sociology/Anthropology/Criminology, 1992-2003), died June 20, 2014. A graveside service for her will be held 11 a.m. on Thursday, July 3 at Carroll Memory Gardens. Martin & Hightower Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.