• The UWG campus will be smoke free beginning August 1. Let Wolf Wellness help you stop smoking. Smoking Cessation is today from 12-12:30 in the Campus Center, room 303. Faculty and staff completing all three classes will receive a free gift.
• The Counseling Center, located in Row Hall, is in the process of expanding our student waiting area. Please note that our offices will remain open during the expected 2-4 week construction timeline.
• Portions of the Campus Center will be closing for cleaning and upgrades, August 2-12. During this time, spaces will be closed to all students, members, and users. Please see the list below for specific information on dates and space closures.
Specific Closure Dates:
August 2-9 - Ballrooms and Meeting Rooms
August 2-12 - Fitness Center, Group Fitness Classes and Rooms, Track, Basketball Courts, Climbing Wall, Outdoor Rental Center
Open Regular Hours- CSI and URec Offices- (re-routing to office spaces may be necessary as fitness floor is being cleaned)
Open Regular Hours- Standard Exterior Entry Doors
• Did you know that there are identified warning signs for suicide? These include, but are not limited to, talking about death or suicide, looking for a way to commit suicide, expressing feelings of hopelessness or meaninglessness, increased use of alcohol and/or drugs, withdrawing from social situations, and displaying rapid and severe mood swings. Click here for more information on the warning signs for suicide.
If you or someone you know is considering suicide, please seek mental health assistance.
This suicide prevention FAQ is brought to you by PREVENT@UWG, a campus-wide mental health wellness and suicide prevention program. PREVENT@UWG is housed within the UWG Counseling Center, in collaboration with the Department of Clinical and Professional Studies. Actively enrolled UWG students can obtain free and confidential counseling services through the Counseling Center. For mental health assistance, please contact the Counseling Center (678-839-6428; 123 Row Hall) or UWG Health Services (678-839-6452) during normal business hours. For after-hours emergencies, please contact University Police (678-839-6000). Additionally, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is available 24/7 via webchat and by phone 1-800-273-8255.
If you are interested in hosting a mental health awareness or suicide prevention training program, please complete this online form.
For additional mental health awareness and suicide prevention information and resources, please visit the PREVENT@UWG website.
• Due to moving and construction in the cashiers area, Petty Cash will not be processed July 22-25. Petty Cash activity will resume on July 29. We are sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.