• Effective immediately, the first floor Lobby of Aycock Hall is under construction. The back door entrance to the building is not accessible. Construction signs have been placed outside directing all public, faculty and staff to use the front door. As always in a construction area, pay attention to your surroundings. Should you have questions please contact Carlos Ruiz at 678-839-6371.
We appreciate your patience as we make this a “Destination University”. Go West! Go Wolves!
• Blasting at the Stadium is now complete. All roadways in the area are now open.
• If you or an organization that you are involved in would like to participate in Unpack the Pack on Saturday, August 23, 2014, please sign-uphere.
• Health Services will be closed on Friday, July 25 in order for the staff to attend the USG professional development training.
• Have you recently had an article or book published or presented at a conference? Has someone in your department received a grant on an award? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and share the good news on Perspective Online!
• Ingram Library’s Special Collections and the Bowdon Area Historical Society will be hosting a reception for their cooperative exhibit, “Bowdon College: The Athens of the West.” The reception will be held tonight, from 7-8:30 p.m. in the Thomas B. Murphy Reading Room of Ingram Library. The exhibit depicts the important history surrounding Bowdon College, the fifth chartered school in the state of Georgia as well as the first collegiate institution to offer coeducation. Topics showcased in the exhibit include Bowdon College’s founding, student activities, community support, McDaniel’s regiment, and the demise and destruction of the institution. Parking for the reception will be available in the Townsend Center parking lot.
• Need some Travel Tips & Tricks? Training will be held on July 31 at 9 a.m. in Row Hall 319. Bring your cup of coffee and join Tricia Durrough and the Center for Business Excellence for “The Training Coffee Hour.” This short session will focus on tips and tricks when using the PeopleSoft Travel Expense system. This session is targeted towards individuals who already know how to use PeopleSoft for data entry of travel expense reports but need some advanced training on all it has to offer.
• UWG|Online Training: Google Apps, FDC (Faculty Development Center)/ Old Auditorium
Time: 2-3:30 p.m.
We will also be attempting to stream this event via a Google+ hangout. If interested in this, please click this link just before the event starts.