• Cashiers office will be closed Thursday, July 31 during Petty Cash hours for training. We apologize for any inconvenience. If anyone needs to bring Petty Cash transactions in on Thursday, July 31 after 2 p.m., we will be happy to accommodate you.
• The Bursar’s Office will be closed Thursday, July 31, from 8 a.m. until 2 p.m. for training. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
• Richards College of Business is proud to be a Community Sponsor for Mountain Film on Tour ATL, August 22 and 23 (at the Plaza on Ponce – 1049 Ponce De Leone Ave N, ATL).
Mountain Film on Tour ATL is a collection of films dedicated to educating, inspiring and motivating audiences about issues that matter, cultures worth exploring, environments worth preserving, adventures worth pursing and conversations worth sustaining. Saturday’s screening is family friendly!
• The University of West Georgia is changing banks from the Bank of North Georgia to United Community Bank. This change will be effective August 1, 2014. Changing banks for an organization of our size is no small task. To assist in this transition, a clean cut-off of payment creation is needed. The Controller’s office will not be making payments, electronic funds transfer (EFT) or printing checks on Wednesday (July 30), Thursday (July 31) or Friday (August 1). We will be using these days to set up the new bank accounts and to make the required changes in the PeopleSoft financial system.
The change in banks has no impact on the monthly payout of payroll.
Departments should anticipate and plan for the three day delay in payment creation next week. If you have any questions, please call the Office of the Controller at 96390.
• The Counseling Center, located in Row Hall, is in the process of expanding our student waiting area. Please note that our offices will remain open during the expected 2-4 week construction timeline.
• Blackboard will be ceasing support for Wimba Classroom. With this news, Wimba Classroom will be phased out and replaced by Blackboard Collaborate starting in the fall of 2014. Similar to our current Wimba system, Collaborate is integrated into CourseDen and can be accessed easily using the Quicklink option and selecting “External Learning Tools” and "Blackboard Collaborate."
If you are currently using Wimba classroom, or if you need access to any of your past Wimba archives, it will be necessary to download any mp3 and/or mp4 files by July 31. This can be done by accessing your Wimba Classroom area inside CourseDen and clicking on the file or files needed.
Once the files are downloaded, the MP4s can be easily uploaded to YouTube for use in any of your online classes. Please contact the UWG|Online help desk at 9-6248 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For training on Collaborate or for any other online teaching needs please register for an upcoming training at this link or visit the UWG|Online training webpage for tutorials on collaborate as well as other various subjects.
• Contract Compliance training will be held on August 4 at 10 a.m. in Row Hall room 319. This course is designed to instruct department heads and administrative assistants with information on how to read, understand and identify prohibited legal language in contracts. It will also provide information on the process to submit a contract to Purchasing Services. Visit the University Meetings and Trainings tab on the Events Calendar to register.