• Bursar’s Office and Cashiers Office will be closed today until 2pm for training. If you need to bring petty cash transactions, please do so after 2 p.m.
• ITS will be performing maintenance this Sunday (8/3) beginning at 7 a.m. This maintenance will take down access to campus resources like myUWG and the Campus Website, and it will make accessing the internet from on campus to off campus sites unavailable.
• If you or an organization that you are involved in would like to participate in Unpack the Pack on Saturday, August 23, please sign-up here.
• Reminder: Wimba Classroom End of Life July 31, 2014
Blackboard will be ceasing support for Wimba Classroom. With this news, Wimba Classroom will be phased out and replaced by Blackboard Collaborate starting in the fall of 2014. Similar to our current Wimba system, Collaborate is integrated into CourseDen and can be accessed easily using the Quicklink option and selecting “External Learning Tools” and "Blackboard Collaborate."
If you are currently using Wimba classroom, or if you need access to any of your past Wimba archives, it will be necessary to download any mp3 and/or mp4 files by July 31st. This can be done by accessing your Wimba Classroom area inside CourseDen and clicking on the file or files needed.
Once the files are downloaded, the MP4’s can be easily uploaded to YouTube for use in any of your online classes. Please contact the UWG|Online help desk at 9-6248 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
For training on Collaborate or for any other online teaching needs please register for an upcoming training at this link or visit the UWG|Online training page for tutorials on collaborate as well as other various subjects.
• A training session for entering travel expense reports through the PeopleSoft Financials Travel and Expense module will be held on August 7 at 2 p.m. in Row Hall room 319. Participants will receive instruction on registering for a PeopleSoft account and entering travel expense reports into the Travel and Expense module. This is an instructor led class. No data entry will be completed in class. Visit the University Meetings and Trainings tab on the Events Calendar to register.