To submit items to the Daily Report, please fill out the request form.
• Richards College of Business is hosting the Women Empowering Women event on September 11.
Topic: Taboo Topics for Women in Business
Cost: $10, includes boxed lunch
Seating is limited, reserve early.
• Please help us recruit students, parents, alumni, faculty & staff, and community members for UWG Website Redesign Focus Groups. Our web design vendor is coming to campus on August 17, 18 and 19 to run
4-hour workshops to collect feedback on user experience, problems, and ideas for changes or improvements. We need attendees for each audience group, and we will offer perks in exchange for their time.
Spaces are limited, and we ask all interested to register here by August 15.
There will be more opportunities to provide feedback and share ideas along the way! Stay tuned for information on future web workshops.
User Workshop Dates:
- Monday, August 17, 8 a.m. - noon
(Session open to current and prospective UWG faculty & staff only)
- Monday, August 17, 1-5 p.m.
(Session open to current UWG students only)
- Tuesday, August 18, 8 a.m. - noon
(Session open to UWG alumni only)
- Tuesday, August 18, 1-5 p.m.
(Session open to prospective students and parents of prospective students only)
- Wednesday, August 19, 8 a.m. - noon
(Session open to parents of current UWG students)
- Wednesday, August 19, 1-5 p.m.
(Session open to community)
Education Center, Room: 200
Ewa Hallman or 678-839-5331
• UWG alumni and friends are invited to explore the vast beauty of Ireland April 19-28, 2016. Soak in the landscapes of rolling hills and feel the warmth of an Irish welcome. Visit Dublin, Waterford, Killarney and Limerick as this comprehensive tour introduces Ireland's natural beauty, rich history and most importantly, its hospitable culture.
Informational Sessions Offered:
August 10, 6:30 p.m. Irish Bred Pub, downtown Carrollton
August 12, 6:30 p.m. Meehan’s Public House, 200 Peachtree Street NE, Atlanta
• Gain a solid foundation in business and professional writing topics in a series of three online courses with Instructor Maggie Worth. Students who successfully complete 30 hours of online instruction in Professional Writing One (12 hours), Professional Writing Two (10 hours) and Professional Writing Three (8 hours) will earn a UWG Professional Writing Certificate. Professional Writing One starts August 20. Click here for program information and registration.
• ePro Requester training will be held on August 6 & 7 from 2 - 4 p.m. each day (TWO DAY class). Attendance is required on both days. This training is required of any employee who desires to have access to the eProcurement system as a requester. Requesters utilize the eProcurement system to enter purchase requisitions through the GeorgiaFirst Marketplace and for non-catalog special request items. Visit the University Meetings and Trainings tab on the Events Calendar to register.