To submit items to the Daily Report, please fill out the request form.
• Women's History Month Movie
• 3-D Printing Demonstration Tonight
• Senior Recital Tonight
• Anti-Bullying Symposium
• 6th Annual Drag Show
• Bookstore Fashion Show
• RCOB Hosts the BB&T Lecture in Free Enterprise
• In celebration of Women's History Month, the Center for Diversity and Inclusion invites faculty, staff, and students to the showing of the movie WOMEN IN CHINA: Up Against the Wall
Today at 11 a.m. in Row Hall room 212
Two showings, 11 a.m. and noon
The movie is 40 minutes
The movie documents the historic United Nation's Fourth World Conference on Women, which occurred in Bejing in 1995.
• You are invited to a 3-D printing demonstration, tonight at 7 p.m. in the Math-Physics (Crider) Lecture Hall of the Boyd Building. This presentation is free and open to the public and suitable for those 10 years old and older. It is sponsored by the Georgia Space Grant Consortium--NASA and the Department of Physics. For more information, contact Dr. deMayo at 678-839-4097 or 678-839-4088.
• The College of Education's Anti-Bullying Symposium will be held on Saturday, March 28, in the Education Center from 8:30 a.m. - 2:15 p.m. Michael R. Carpenter, PhD, and author of Bullying Solutions: Learn to Overcome from Real Case Studies; Setting the Tone: A Connected School Approach to Bully-Free Classrooms; and Waging Peace: A Prevention Manual will be the guest speaker.
There will also be break-out sessions focusing on various issues related to bullying. The cost is $5 with lunch provided. Students and faculty are invited to attend.
For information or questions you can contact Dr. Kimberly Griffith at 678-839-5521 or Dr. Michael Keim at 678-839-6127.
• The student group Lambda presents the 6th Annual Drag show "Drag it Out" Saturday, March 28, at 6 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom. Come support professional drag performers from the Atlanta area and UWG amateur performers in this evening of self-expression and entertainment.
• Step into Spring with our first UWG Bookstore Fashion Show! Next week purchase your lunch and then enjoy as our student models show off our Wolves spirit wear. On Tuesday, March 31 the show will be at East Commons Dining Hall and on Wednesday, April 1, it will be in the Z-6. Both shows start at 12:05 p.m.
• Richards College of Business presents the BB&T Lecture in Free Enterprise: Ken Willis, Building a Bridge Through Diversity on April 1 at the Townsend Center. Admission is free but seating is limited. Tickets will be available on March 23 at the Townsend Center. Click here for more information on Ken Willis.