To submit items to the Daily Report, please fill out the request form.
• Dodgeball Tournament for Tanner ReadER
• Gibson Public Speaking Contest
• Music Events This Week
• 7th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Program
• Excel 2013 Training
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Training
• ePro Requester Training
• The WOLF will be hosting a student, faculty and staff dodgeball tournament for our Tanner ReadER program. Members of each dodgeball team will be required to bring one children's book as entry into the tournament.
There should be five members to each team, with at least one female member. The date of the event is December 2 from 7-9 p.m. in the HPE gym, courtesy of the Campus Center Staff. Please go to thewolfuwg.com/dodgeball for sign-up and more info.
• Join us tonight, December 1, for a provocative evening of persuasive speeches at 6:30 p.m. in TLC Room 1305. The 12th Annual Gibson Public Speaking Contest showcases the top five speakers selected from this year’s public speaking students. Each speaker will present a challenging/controversial topic to win both recognition and cash prizes. Contestants are evaluated by a panel of professionals: Dr. Micheal Crafton, UWG provost; Dr. Hazel Cole, assistant professor of mass communications; and Tonja Holder, a business analyst and fundraiser. We appreciate financial support from SAFBA Funds and Pearson Publishing.
New this year to our contest is an exciting way to help both the Carroll County Women’s Shelter and The Community Welcome House in Newnan. Everyone can vote (.01 = 1 vote) for the “People’s Choice Award.”
Can’t attend but want to help? Please send your donation to Director of Speech Communication/Mass Communications Gail Reidy by December 8.
• The Center for Diversity and Inclusion at the University of West Georgia presents the 7th Annual Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr Program on Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 7 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom. The theme for this year's event is Justice Rolling Like Mighty Water. The guest speaker is Judge Steven L. Reed, Montgomery County Probate Court (Alabama). Judge Reed has appeared on and been featured in This Week with George Stephanopoulos and German television. He has also been featured in the New York Times and quoted in the Washington Post. He is on the board of the National Election Advisory Committee. This program is free and open to the public! For additional information, please contact our office at 678-839-5400 or visit www.westga.edu/diversity.
UWG Supporters: Black Student Alliance, Student Government Association.
Community Supporter: Carroll County NAACP
• Excel 2013 Basic Training will be held on Friday, December 4 at UWG Newnan. Class meets from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. and is $99 per participant. Continuing Education will process internal transfers for UWG faculty/staff registrations for professional development courses/training with supervisor approval and account chart string or use your P-Card. View on-site courses at www.westga.edu/conted or phone 678-839-6612.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Training will be held on Friday, December 4, at UWG Carrollton. Class meets from 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and is $50 per participant. This course is designed for healthcare professionals/students but is open to the public and provides the training to recognize several life threatening emergencies, administer CPR to victims of all ages, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely, and effective manner. View on-site courses at www.westga.edu/conted or phone 678-839-6612.
• ePro Requester training will be held on December 7 from 10 am -12 pm each day (TWO DAY class). Attendance is required on both days. This training is required of any employee who desires to have access to the eProcurement system as a requester. Requesters utilize the eProcurement system to enter purchase requisitions through the GeorgiaFirst Marketplace and for non-catalog special request items. Visit the University Meetings and Trainings tab on the Events Calendar to register.