To submit items to the Daily Report, please fill out the request form.
• Tuesday October 21, the Human Resources Office will have limited staff from noon until 5 p.m. The payroll, benefits and full time Human Resources staff will be in a planning meeting. The main office will be open, and phone calls will be answered. Regular business hours with full staff will resume on Wednesday October 22.
• Ingram Library will host workshops again this fall to support the Carroll County Empty Bowls fundraiser, which benefits the Carroll County Soup Kitchen. Please join us if you can and encourage your students to come!
On Wednesday, October 22, from 12-3 p.m. come out and help us make the ceramic bowls. The clay is provided, and volunteer workshop leaders will be on hand to help instruct anyone that does not have experience working with clay. We will be on the ground floor of Ingram Library in the Tom Murphy Reading Room.
So what’s the point of these workshops? Aside from being fun, they support a great cause and help us connect with the local community. The bowls will be donated to the Carroll County Empty Bowls fundraiser, held in February each year at the Carroll County Ag Center.
• Continuing Education is offering a Microsoft Excel 2010 Advanced course on Friday, October 24 and a Developing Your Leadership Potential course on Friday October 31. 8:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m. $109 per course. CE will process internal transfers for UWG Faculty/Staff registrations with supervisor approval and account chart string. Register online or call Continuing Education at 678-839-6611.
• "The Revolution for Courageous Leadership" tonight at 7 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom. This national Campus Speak presentation will guide students to understand the impact of bystander behavior, examine personal strengths and actions that can make a difference, and gain social awareness and personal power to intervene in problem situations through courageous leadership.
• The African-American Male Initiative (AAMI) Program and the Center for Diversity & Inclusion (CDI) are happy to announce that Mr. Mike Howard, Professional Speaker and Author, will visit our campus on Tuesday, October 21 to present: "Success Begins Within: Becoming An Effective Leader" Leadership Workshop. Attendees can expect to:
• Learn leadership habits that will attract more success.
• Learn how to stand out and become an effective leader.
• Discover how to raise your level of achievement.
• Learn habits and principles that will help increase your income.
• Discover how to be a person of influence.
Please encourage your students to attend. Students must bring their UWG ID. This program is free and open to the public. If you want to offer extra credit to your students, contact Ms. Cheryl Thomas Hill, Coordinator, AAMI.
TIME: 7 p.m.
LOCATION: Campus Center Ballroom 108.2
For more information, contact the Center for Diversity & Inclusion at 678-839-5400.