UWG Daily Report
• Continuing Education is offering an Adobe Photoshop CS6 Course
Tuesdays, January 14, 21, 28 & February 4 from 7-9 pm at UWG Carrollton
Call Continuing Education at 9-6611 or register online.
• The Director of Purchasing Search Committee would like to invite you to a series of presentations by candidates this week on the topic of “Challenges and opportunities for moving the Public Procurement function from a transactional focus to a strategic partner in the organization.” The candidates will speak at 2 pm each day in the Campus Center beginning today and continuing through Friday. Today’s presentation will be by candidate William Dodd in Campus Center 303.
• Instructors and staff: please review the important information regarding proctored exam services located here:
Under "Required Steps", step 2 includes the form that is needed, from the instructor, for each exam. If the options do not allow the instructor to adequately describe the testing situation, please use the "Additional information that the student or proctor may need to know:" text box to explain.
In addition, here's the steps for instructors to provide their students, (please edit as needed, including your own personal instructions and exam window dates).
1. Please contact your desired site and make your appointment during the time-frame allowed by your instructor (Oct 20 - Nov 1), no later than 2 weeks prior to testing date (testing site fees and late fees may apply)
2. Once you have a confirmed scheduled time and date, submission of this form is also required. Failure to submit this form may result in your exam not being made available:
Please be aware that there will be a testing fee charged by most testing sites that is payable at the time of testing and a photo ID must be shown. All other instructions (what you are allowed to bring or not bring) should be provided by your instructor. Make CERTAIN that if a scantron is needed, students are told which one to use (how many questions will be on the test), so that the student can purchase one and take it to the exam site.
Please notify UWG Online or call 678-839-6248 if you have follow-up questions.
• The University of West Georgia’s College of Social Sciences is partnering with Veterans Heart Georgia, an Atlanta-based non-profit organization, to introduce a veteran-focused “Just Listening” circle to Carrollton. The community-based initiative brings local veterans and community members together to “just listen” to veterans share their stories.
Tonight from 7-9 pm, be part of an evening of deep listening and presence as we explore healing from the wounds of war. Veterans and their families need to tell their stories, and the community benefits from listening.
The practice of deep listening allows us to sit in the presence of suffering, our own and others'. Together, we heal from the wounds of war. Some of this work can be emotionally intense. A significant part of the meeting experience includes mindful means for taking care of yourself and staying present as you travel the Warriors Journey.
• Don’t miss talented alum, Robby Vizurraga, in a special piano recital tonight at 8:15 pm in Kathy Cashen Recital Hall. Robby will perform selections from Beethoven, Liszt, and Mozart together with many others. This promises to be an exciting evening of beautiful music. Admission is free.