UWG Daily Report
• Employee Engagement Survey Still Open
• Updating the UWG Strategic Plan
• Financial Aid Moving this Week
• Termination Notification Web Form
• Sociology Department Newsletter Available
• UWG PreK Registration Lottery
• Career Expo Tomorrow
• Lincoln Exhibit at Ingram Library
• Employee Engagement Survey Still Open!
If you haven't yet completed the survey, please do so as soon as possible.Your honest, interested and engaged participation is critical to the success of this project. For more information on the survey, click here. If you did not receive an email with a passcode and survey link, please email Jennifer Parker at 404-586-2309.
For those employees that are in need of computer assistance when taking the survey, the Center for Business Excellence will be available to help. Following is the remaining date and time that has been reserved for our training center in Row Hall:
Thursday, February 6, 9-11 am
• The strategic planning facilitators will be conducting a series of meetings to discuss the 2014-2020 UWG Strategic Plan. Join the team at one of the following sessions in Campus Center Ballroom, 108.1:
Open Forum: Thursday, February 13, 3-4 pm, Ballroom
Open Forum: Friday, February 14, 9-10 am, Ballroom
Open Forum: Wednesday, February 19, 2-3 pm, Ballroom
Open Forum: Monday, February 24, 3-4 pm, Ballroom
Open Forum: Thursday, February 27, 10-11 am, Ballroom
• Financial Aid will be in the process of moving from Aycock Hall to Parker Hall - 3rd floor during the week of February 3. During this move, they will have limited phone and email access. If you need immediate help, please contact the Enrollment Services Center.
• When a faculty, staff, or casual labor employee terminates employment with the University, department managers need to complete the termination notification web form. Ideally the form would be submitted as soon as the last day of employment is known, but must be submitted no later than 5 days after the termination date. This form also needs to be submitted within 30 days for employees that change departments on campus.
• The Fall 2013 edition of SociNews, the Sociology Department's newsletter, is now available. SociNews is student-written and features articles on student activities, as well as those of faculty and staff.
• Registration for UWG Pre-K's lottery drawing for the 2014-2015 school year begins on February 3 and ends on February 28. The lottery registration form and more details can be found on the Pre-K website.
• Ingram Library will host the national traveling exhibit Abraham Lincoln: A Man of His Time, a Man for All Times. Opening on Lincoln's birthday, February 12, the exhibit will be on display through March 7.
This exhibit, which goes beyond the mythical images of Lincoln to examine his beliefs and his impact on the nation, was organized by the Gilder Lehrman Institute of American History and made possible in part by grants from the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Carroll EMC Foundation.