To submit items to the Daily Report, please fill out the request form.
• Invitation to Dr. Marrero's Inauguration
• Tony Moye Opportunity Grant
• Fall Course Offerings from Continuing Education
• OrgSnc at CSI
• UWG|Online Training: Blackboard Collaborate & Virtual Classrooms
• Travel Expense Report Training
• All departments should have received 2 invitations to the Inauguration. There are not enough printed to share with each faculty and staff member on campus but please know each and every person is invited. If you would like to have your very own please email UWGRSVP@westga.edu with your name and department. We will be happy to send one to you.
• The Tony Moye Opportunity Grant will provide financial support for students to take advantage of activities outside the normal curriculum that will enhance their education and position them for future success. Examples of such opportunities supported by the fund would include attendance at leadership or professional conferences, travel to present research, internships, study abroad or other opportunities approved by the selection committee. Award amount for 2014/2015 academic year is $1000.
Applications are available in the Center for Student Involvement and are due September 26 by 5 p.m. in the Center for Student Involvement.
• Continuing Education is offering several courses in Carrollton and Newnan this fall. Registration is open for Ballroom Dance, Cake Decorating, Customer Service Essentials, Basic and Advanced Dog Obedience, Digital Photography I and II, Excel 2010 Intermediate and Advanced, Leadership Potential and Conversational Spanish. Register online or by phone 678-839-6611.
• OrgSync is a new program we are using at the University of West Georgia to manage student organization registration, involvement, event attendance, and service opportunities. You have or will be receiving an email from OrgSync welcoming you to the UWG OrgSync community. All students, faculty, and staff will be receiving this email. To login to OrgSync, you will use your university email and password. This is not spam.
While OrgSync's primary uses are for students and advisors of student organizations, faculty and staff members can also use OrgSync to stay connected to student life and find service opportunities on campus and in the community. Any questions about OrgSync can be directed to the Center for Student Involvement.
Did you know that we have a new tool that has now replaced Wimba Classroom? Blackboard Collaborate is now integrated into CourseDen (D2L). This upgraded virtual space provides mobile and wireless access to allow your students to communicate with you. During this 90-minute session, we will explore BlackBoard Collaborate and how you can use this tool to create Virtual Office Hours or a synchronous classroom space for your Online or Technology-Enhanced course, which can serve as a great backup for those ‘unexpected’ disasters that can occur!
How to create a Collaborate Classroom in D2L
Best practices for conducting a synchronous online class
Best practices and a discussion about using Collaborate for online office hours
Join us in the FDC or live from your desk, via a Google Hangout or the YouTube stream. The UWG|Online YouTube stream can be found here.
If you are interested in joining the session remotely please let us know and we will place a link to the hangout on this Google Calender event just before the session starts. If interested in joining the conversation via the Hangout, please contact David Lloyd at 9-5294.
Click here to register.
• A training session for entering travel expense reports through the PeopleSoft Financials Travel and Expense module will be held on September 4 at 9 a.m. in Row Hall room 319. Participants will receive instruction on registering for a PeopleSoft account and entering travel expense reports into the Travel and Expense module. This is an instructor led class. No data entry will be completed in class. Visit the University Meetings and Trainings tab on the Events Calendar to register.