To submit items to the Daily Report, please fill out the request form.
• Sandblasting West Georgia Drive
• Calligraphy Intermediate Course
• Writing and Publication Course
• UWG Community Involvement Fair
• Publications and Printing Open House
• Multicultural Meet and Greet
• Annual Let's Talk About Sex Forum
• Carroll County PROBE Fair
• Youth Cheerleading Clinic
• Planning & Construction Services is coordinating efforts to sandblast and remove paint layers from the curbs around West Georgia Drive. The Contractor has been working nights to accomplish this work with minimal disruption to campus activities.
The work on the east side of the campus will begin Friday, September 4, and continue through the Labor Day weekend to Monday, September 7.
All outer parking spaces in The Oaks and Bowdon Lots in line with West Georgia Drive must be
empty of vehicles beginning at 1:00 pm on Friday afternoon, Sept. 4th, through Monday, September 7. If you need to park in either of these lots, keep your vehicle parked in an interior space away from that first line of spaces facing West Georgia Drive. Parking Services will have barricades in place to prevent parking in the other spaces.
Please be cautious and aware as you move in or around construction areas on campus. If you have any questions, please contact Allen McManus in Planning & Construction Services: 770-550-3561.
Thank you for your patience as we work to improve campus.
• So you have mastered the basics. Try the 2-hour Calligraphy Intermediate class on September 8 or the Photography II course on Monday evenings starting September 14. View on-site courses or call phone 678-839-6611.
• Calling all writers starting down the path of publication. Now offering Intro to Self-Publishing and Popular Fiction Writing for Publication courses with Instructor Maggie Worth at UWG Carrollton and Newnan. View on-site courses or call 678-839-6611.
• The Center for Student Involvement will be hosting the UWG Community Involvement Fair on September 8, from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. Community partners will have booths set up on the walkway from the TLC to the grassy triangle past the Campus Center. This fair will give the students, faculty and staff an opportunity to talk with community organizations about volunteer/internship opportunities.
For more information on the Community Involvement Fair, contact Amanda Wright in the Office of Community Engagement.
• Publications & Printing, Your On-Campus Copy Center, invites you to our Open House on Tuesday, September 8 from 2-4 p.m. See the new canvas photo wraps, pavement decals, presentation banner stands, large-format cut-to-shape printing, and more. We are located across from East Commons Dining Hall. Facility tours available.
• Join the Multicultural Achievement Program (MAP) in the annual Multicultural Meet and Greet for students, staff, and faculty on September 10 at 4 p.m. in the Campus Center Ballroom. Come discover a den of diversity! If you have questions or concerns, please call our office at 678-839-5400.
• The Responsible Sexuality Committee announces a fall program: Annual Let’s Talk about Sex forum on Monday, September 14, from 7-8:30 p.m. in the campus center ballroom (108.2). The event, sponsored by the Responsible Sexuality Committee (RX) for the past two decades, gives students the opportunity to ask questions anonymously to a panel of experts. Please encourage students to attend to receive accurate information allowing them to make better responsible choices. If you have any questions or would like to have your students receive extra credit, please email Ryan Bronkema Ph.D. or any member of the RX committee.
• On Tuesday, September 15, the University of West Georgia Office of Undergraduate Admissions will host the annual Carroll County PROBE Fair from 9-11 a.m. in the UWG Coliseum. This event will allow over 1000 high school juniors and seniors the opportunity to browse over 100 different colleges and universities represented and provide them with post secondary options. If you have any questions or wish more information about this great event here on campus, please contact Allyson Bretch.
• UWG Youth Cheerleading Clinic, September 19 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and then 1:15 p.m. for game time.