To submit items to the Daily Report, please fill out the request form.
• New Payroll Reallocation Form
• Visit Ireland with UWG Alumni
• Construction on Campus Center Shade Structures
• Hispanic Heritage Month
• AAMI Leadership Workshop
• You're Invited to Celebrate 30 Under 30 Alumni
• The process for submitting expenditure transfers for payroll reallocations (account code 5xxxxx only) will be changing effective immediately. Our current process transfers payroll expenses from one chart string to another through a journal entry processed in PeopleSoft by the Office of the Controller. This has caused the ADP and PeopleSoft systems to be out of sync and has resulted in a significant increase in time and effort to reconcile the two systems.
A new form, similar to the current expenditure transfer form, has been created. The Payroll Reallocation Form will replace the current expenditure transfer form for all 5xxxxx payroll expense corrections only. All non-personal services corrections (account codes 6xxxxx, 7xxxxx, 8xxxxx, & 9xxxxx) should be submitted using the current process and form found on the Controller’s website.
There will be a date set when final payroll reallocations can be submitted for the current fiscal year. This deadline will be published with the year-end calendar deadlines. The Payroll Reallocation Form will be located on the Human Resources website.
• UWG alumni and friends are invited to explore the vast beauty of Ireland April 19-28, 2016. Soak in the landscapes of rolling hills and feel the warmth of an Irish welcome. Visit Dublin, Waterford, Killarney and Limerick as this comprehensive tour introduces Ireland's natural beauty, rich history and most importantly, its hospitable culture.
• Construction will begin and remain in process on the Campus Center Shade Structure through January 2016. Portions of the Campus Center Patio will be inaccessible. Please obey the fencing and construction signage. Upcoming sidewalk closures will be posted in advance to help facilitate all pedestrian traffic needs in the area. As always in a construction area, pay attention to your surroundings.
• The Center for Diversity and Inclusion and the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures invite you to join them in celebrating Hispanic Heritage month. The program is scheduled for all day Monday, October 12 in the Campus Center Ballroom.
Luso-Hispanic Day Activities
Extra credit opportunity is available. If you need additional information, please call the Center for Diversity and Inclusion at 678-839-5400 and the Department of Foreign Languages and Literatures at 678-839-6515/5954. Supporters are: Latino Cultural Society, Lambda Theta Phi, and Lambda Theta Alpha. This program is free and open to the public.
• The African-American Male Initiative (AAMI) Program is happy to announce that Mr. Mike Howard, professional speaker and author, will visit UWG again on Tuesday, October 20, to present "Success Begins Within: Igniting the Leader in You" Leadership Workshop. Attendees can expect to learn how to:
Please encourage your students to attend. Students must bring their UWG ID to check in. This program is free and open to the public. If you want to offer extra credit to your students, contact Ms. Cheryl Thomas Hill, Coordinator, AAMI.
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Campus Center Ballroom 108.2
For more information, contact the Center for Diversity & Inclusion at 678-839-5400.
• On behalf of the UWG Alumni Association, we’d like to invite you to join us on October 24 to celebrate this year’s class of 30 Under 30, recognizing 30 successful alumni under the age of 30. We have a day of celebration planned beginning with a tailgate at the Alumni Zone and ending with the dinner and ceremony at the Campus Center Ballroom. For more information about the events and to register, visit www.alumni.westga.edu/30u30_2015. For more information about 30 Under 30, including information on each of the honorees, visit www.alumni.westga.edu/30under30. We hope to see you there!