To submit items to the Daily Report, please fill out the request form.
• Last Day to Vote for UWG in Championship Round
• Ice Cream Social for Alumni Campus Employees
• UWG Newnan College for a Day Lecture Series
• Professional Writing Course
• Introduction to Social Media
• Photography Certificate Program
Note that for votes to count you must share this using the Facebook and Twitter buttons below the photo on the page.
Help us bring home the trophy!!! #wentwest
• We are bringing together all of our Alumni Campus Employees (ACE) for a fun ice cream social to say, "Thank you" for all that you do for UWG. We are also grateful for the leadership from Duane and Kate Theobald who will be chairing our ACE Network. We look forward to seeing you on Thursday, August 6 at 4 p.m. at the Alumni House, to thank you, and to let you know what’s on the horizon for ACE.
Kindly RSVP by August 3, by clicking the red registration button near the top right of this page. We look forward to seeing you there!
• The UWG Newnan College for a Day is part of a 4-day celebration marking the transformation of the historic Newnan Hospital into a mecca for learning in downtown Newnan. On Friday, August 14, twenty-four of the UWG’s most dynamic and esteemed faculty will present 45-minute lectures over a 6-hour period on topics ranging from cyberbullying to online marketing to modern meditation. Sessions will begin at 9 a.m. and continue until 3 p.m. $25 registration includes refreshment breaks. Register online or call 678-839-6611.
• Gain a solid foundation in business and professional writing topics in a series of three online courses with Instructor Maggie Worth. Students who successfully complete 30 hours of online instruction in Professional Writing One (12 hours), Professional Writing Two (10 hours) and Professional Writing Three (8 hours) will earn a UWG Professional Writing Certificate. Professional Writing One starts August 20. Click here for program information and registration.
• The next Introduction to Social Media Marketing Certificate Program starts August 2. The 8-week learner-centered, highly-interactive online course is facilitated by practitioners and academicians experienced in social media, social media research, strategic planning, and marketing. Continuing Education will process internal transfers for UWG Faculty/Staff registrations for professional development courses/training with supervisor approval and account chart string or use your P-Card. Register online or call 678-839-6611.
• Learn digital photography and image editing with Instructor Steven Broome on Monday evenings this fall at UWG Carrollton. Successfully complete Photography I, Photography II and Adobe Photoshop CS6 (30 hours) and earn a UWG Photography Certificate. Photography I: Getting the Most from your DSLR and Photography II: From Idea to Image. Includes Saturday shooting workshops. Register online or call 678-839-6611.