UWG Daily Report
Friday, April 18, 2014
• Community Garden Planting Postponed
• Spring Cleaning for Good Will
• League of Women Voters Chapter Forming
• Student Affairs and Enrollment Management Announces New Directors
• Sunbelt Jazz Festival is Tonight
• Comprehensive Community Clinic Summer Camps
• Have you been spring cleaning at home and have items to donate? Our local Goodwill store will be on campus next week, Tuesday through Friday, from 1-6 pm with two collection locations – Tyus Hall Parking Lot and Greek Village. When you donate to Goodwill, they sell your stuff to provide job training for people right here in our own community. You can clean out your closets and help create jobs right here.
• Faculty, please consider announcing this to your classes: A League of Women Voters Chapter is forming on campus. This is a non-partisan, non-gender specific organization dedicated to the discussion of political issues as well as social activism for the betterment of the campus and community. Students of all majors are welcome. Also, the club is seeking a faculty advisor. For further information, please contact Dr. Sanders in the Political Science Department at x-9-4995 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Student Affairs and Enrollment Management would like to announce three new directors in their division. They are Melissa Tarrant, Director for the Advising Center, Beth Spencer, Director of the EXCEL Center, and Toby Ziglar, Director of Graduate & International Admissions.
• The 29th Annual Sunbelt Jazz Festival is Friday, April 18, at 7:30 pm. in the Townsend Center. Guest artist T.S. Monk’s percussion expertise, together with the Jazz Ensemble under the direction of Daniel Bakos, will dazzle you with an evening of jazz favorites.
Tickets: $18/15 adults, $15/12 senior citizen/military, $8 children, $8 UWG student, $15/12 group. Don’t miss this very special event.
• The Comprehensive Community Clinic (CCC) in the College of Education is sponsoring two summer camps for children ages 5-12. Parents/guardians may contact the CCC for more information and registration by email or by calling 678-839-6145.
1) Sports and Speech - Sertoma Fantasy Baseball Camp (sponsored by the Sertoma Club, Wolves Baseball Team and the CCC); June 4 and 5, 10 am-3 pm; Cole Baseball Field (Lunch provided). Cost is free.
2) Camp W.I.L.L.D. (Writing Inspiring Language and Literacy Development) June 10 - July 10, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 am-noon, Education Center, snack provided. Cost is $100. UWG employees receive sibling discount.