UWG Daily Report
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
• FY14 Year End Travel Deadlines
• Plagiarism Education Week
• Percussion Ensemble Tonight
• Sunbelt Jazz Festival
• Wolf Wellness Events This Month
• Stress Less UWG
• Budget Report Training
• ADP Manager Training
• FY14 Year End Processing Dates as related to Travel have been UPDATED and are available from the link on the Office of the Controller’s website. Note that these preliminary dates are subject to revision as additional information is received from various state agencies. Please continue to monitor the Daily Report for future releases.
05/30/2014 Last day for Prepaid Airfare and Registration for FY15 travel (1ST Qtr Only) to be paid from FY14 funds. IMPORTANT NOTE: All other travel expense with departure date in FY14 and return date in FY15 will be reimbursed with FY15 funding.
6/11/2014 5:00 p.m. Last day for PeopleSoft electronic data entry in the Expense module. Expense reports for reimbursement (including travel) must be electronically approved by all approvers and have a status of valid budget check to be considered eligible for payment against FY14 funds. Expense reports in pending or submitted statuses or those not fully approved at the department and project level will be marked as “denied” and purged from the PeopleSoft System.
6/13/2014 12:00 p.m. (Noon) If unable to submit electronic expense report by 06/11/14 deadline for travel with return date on or before 6/30/14, please contact Randy Miller to make special arrangements to encumber FY14 funds with an approved travel authorization. Total travel expense per trip must be greater than $500 after prepayments. Approved travel authorizations must be received and date stamped in the Office of the Controller by 06/13/14 12:00pm (Noon) deadline for anticipated travel with return date on or before 6/30/14 in order to encumber FY14 funds. Failure to do so will prohibit use of FY14 funds for FY14 travel expenses.
6/16/2014 12:00 p.m. (Noon) Printed, signed expense reports for electronic travel submissions through PeopleSoft for 6/11/14 deadline must be received and date stamped in the Office of the Controller. As noted above, electronic expense reports must have been fully approved, have a status of valid budget check, and all supporting documents be in order to utilize FY14 funds.
Please refrain from data entry into PeopleSoft Expenses after 6/11/14 as transactions will be purged from the system and placing FY14 funds at risk. Travel reimbursements for trips encumbered with specifically approved travel authorizations as well as any other travel which was not submitted electronically in the People Soft expense module by the 06/11/14 deadline will be issued in FY15 once open for business. No travel cash advances will be issued for trips with return dates later than 05/31/14. If questions, please contact Randy Miller, Assistant Controller, at ext 95329.
• Did you know Turnitin is integrated into CourseDen? Check out these great FREE events hosted by Turnitin for the Plagiarism Education Week, which returns for its second annual virtual conference from April 21-25.
For the full schedule of events, check out this website.
Tickets: $18/15 adults, $15/12 senior citizen/military, $8 children, $8 UWG student, $15/12 group. Don’t miss this very special event.
• Wolf Wellness has several events scheduled this month. Mark your calendars now to participate!
• Students, faculty and staff will have unique opportunities to deal with the end of semester and final exam week stress with the Stress Less UWG event on Monday, April 21. The event is a collaborative effort between Health Services, the Counseling Center and University Recreation. From 10 am-6 pm there will be on-going activities in the Campus Center main ballrooms and on the patio. Whether taking a yoga class or restful nap or chair massage in the Zen Center (108.1) or coloring, doodling in the Creative Corner, playing Wii games or old fashioned board games while enjoying an on-going YouTube playlist and enjoying healthy snacks there will be plenty of ways to unwind and take a break from stress. Outside on the patio area there will be furry friends, kite flying and good old fashioned recess play and fun!
Wolf Wellness for faculty/staff will have a "Stress Less" Lunch 'N Learn in Campus Center 104 provided by the Psychology Department.
• Budget Report training will be held on April 22 at 10 am in Row Hall 319. This course provides budget managers and departmental assistants with instruction on using PeopleSoft Financials to run a variety of budget reports. These reports can be used for reconciling departmental budgets. Pre-registration and completion of a Security Request Form is required prior to training.
• ADP Manager Training will be held on April 22 at 9 am in Row Hall room 319. This course is for both bi-weekly and monthly employees (faculty and staff) who supervise and approve another employee's (full-time, student, casual labor, etc.) timecard. This course will instruct participants on how to enter their own hours worked or exception time into the ADP eTime system. It will also provide instruction on how to approve another employee's timecard. Participants of this course should be the supervisor of at least one other employee. Visit the University Meetings and Trainings tab on the Events Calendar to register.