To submit items to the Daily Report, please fill out the request form.
• Biology Club Plant Sale Today
• Older American Sock Drive
• African American Film Festival: Today's Feature
• 2nd Annual RCOB Classic & Spirit Night
• Sunbelt Jazz Festival Tonight
• T.I., B.o.B. Concert Tomorrow
• Stress Less Event
• Conversational Spanish for Beginners
• Dedicated Departmental Training
• The Biological Honor Society will be conducting a plant sale fundraiser today, April 17, from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. in the lobby of the Biology Building. The club will be selling tomatoes (13 varieties including 2 heirlooms), peppers (15 varieties including 1 heirloom), eggplants (3 varieties), herbs (5 varieties), gourds (3 varieties), and strawberry plants (Ozark Variety) for sale at very reasonable prices. In addition, the club will be selling bluebird boxes!
• Socks, socks, and more socks! Only 699 more socks to go! Please join the Center for Diversity and Inclusion and our Co-sponsors: UWG Alumni Association, National Pan-Hellenic Council, Panhellenic Council, Interfraternity Council, BSA, and SGA in celebrating Older Americans Month by participating in our annual Sock Drive April 1 - 30. Please help us reach our goal of 700 NEW pairs of socks! Bring all NEW socks to the Center for Diversityand Inclusion, Room 217 (Row Hall, East Wing) or place them in campus mail. All socks will be donated to local nursing homes in Carroll and Haralson Counties during the month of May. For questions call 678-839-5400. For additional information on Older Americans Month, visit this website.
• Today, April 17 at 2 p.m., Richards College of Business faculty and staff take on the students in a friendly (yet competitive) game of softball at the Intermural Softball Field. Following this lively event, the Management Club is hosting a spirit night at American Pie from 4-8 p.m. Funds raised will be donated to the March of Dimes. The club would really appreciate your support!
• Sunbelt Jazz Festival: The spectacular Sunbelt Jazz Festival, now in its 29th year, will be tonight at 7:30 in the Townsend Center. Don't miss percussionist Ignacio Berroa and the UWG Jazz Ensemble, under the direction of Daniel Bakos, as they perform a vastly entertaining concert. Tickets are: $18/15 adults, $15/12 senior citizen/military, $8 children, $8 UWG student, and $15/12 group.
• T.I. with Special Guest B.o.B. will be performing at the UWG Coliseum this Saturday, April 18. Doors will open at 7 p.m., and the show starts at 8 p.m.. Tickets are still available at the Townsend Center Box Office, which is open 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Tickets for UWG students are $10 plus tax ($15 day of show); for UWG Faculty/Staff, tickets are $15 plus tax ($20 day of show). Please bring your UWG ID when purchasing your ticket to get the UWG discount price. Up to six tickets can be bought per transaction.Tickets for the public can be purchased Townsend Center Box Office or online at www.townsendcenter.org or by calling 678-839-4722. Tickets for the public are $25 plus tax ($30 day of show). Any questions, please contact Emily Teitelbaum at 678-839-6526. Sponsored by the Center for Student Involvement.
• On Monday, April 20, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., students can stop by the Campus Center ballroom and patio area to relax and release stress for Finals Week. This second annual Wolf Wellness collaborative event will provide healthy snacks, old fashioned table and board games, coloring, Yoga at 11 and dancing at noon with Megan from Fever Performing Arts along with chair massages from Ginna Blair with Health Hands. Outside on the patio will be more games, inspiration rock painting, and guest animals from Carroll County Animal Hospital.
• Habla Español? Spend your lunch hour learning conversation Spanish. This beginner’s course will be held on Wednesdays, May 6 to June 24, from noon to 1:15 p.m. at UWG Carrollton. Register online or by phone at 678-839-6611.
- Getting to Know Desire2Learn
- Course Administration/Course Builder
- Discussion Boards
- Virtual Classrooms
- Google Apps
- Other (What other instructional feature do you want to learn more about?)