Monday, July 26, 2010
Whether it's intercollegiate sports, on-campus clubs and organizations or gathering with friends for meals and fun, UWG is the place for an active student lifestyle. These fast facts tell the story about the vibrancy of life at UWG:
- UWG had the fourth-highest average attendance in the nation for NCAA Division II basketball this past year among the division's 282 member institutions, up from ninth the year before.
- UWG had the 22nd-highest average attendance in the nation in Division II football this past year.
- An average of about 3,000 students attended each home football game in the new stadium last year.
- UWG had an all-time high of 150 student organizations in the past year, with 4,989 members, and they sponsored 795 programs (or an average of 25 programs a week) - not counting programs sponsored by others on campus such as Art, Music, Theatre, Athletics, and the residence halls.
- Between 1,000 and 1,300 students eat in the Z-6 dining hall most weekends.
- 1,600 students participated in intramural athletics in the past year.
- There are more than 200,000 visits to the Fitness Area of the Campus Center and more than 45,000 visits to the Game Room each year.