Computer Lab Guidelines
Campus computer labs are for educational purposes only. Let's make the labs useful to everyone by following these guidelines! Habitual violators may be banned from lab use.
- Use cell phones in labs at any times under any conditions (if you must use a cell phone for any reason you will be asked to step out of the lab to continue your call)
- Bring food or drinks into lab, including gum.
- Use tobacco products in lab.
- Play games in lab.
- Work in pairs or groups.
- Enter lab if a class is in session.
- Check out more than one CD at a time.
- Play personal music in lab computers without earphones.
- Change software preferences (desktop pattern, time, homepage location).
- Save any personal files to hard drives.
- Install any 'foreign' (e.g., non standard) software to lab computers.
- Download or stream recreational audio or video files.
- Bring your own laptop or personal computer into the lab to use.
- Remain quiet at all times in the homework labs.
- Save all your files to a CD or flash drive.
- Return all lab material (CDs and manuals) to Lab Assistant when leaving labs. Return keyboard, monitor, mouse and chair to normal position when leaving.
- Leave 5 minutes prior to a class starting.
- Clean up after yourself.
- Follow campus guidelines for 'Acceptable Use Policy' of computers.
- Report violators to your lab assistant.