Summer Bridge Program
Want to become a successful Science or Mathematics Major?
Are you an incoming freshman considering a major in Science or Mathematics?
Are you interested in becoming a Physician, Dentist, Pharmacist, Engineer, Scientist, Mathematician, Statistician or any STEM professional?
Are you interested in teaching Science or Mathematics?
If yes, we invite you to apply for the UWise Summer Bridge Program that is designed to give you a head start towards a degree in these fields. The four week program will introduce you to campus resources and teach you critical skills that are necessary to succeed in college and become a successful STEM professional.
UWise Summer Bridge Program Details
Paving the Way to Success in Science and Mathematics at University of West Georgia
The UWise Summer Bridge program is a residential academic program. During the program, participants register for classes that focus Mathematics, as well as critical thinking, reading, and writing in English. Mastering these skills will help you succeed in your freshman courses, maintain your HOPE scholarship, and graduate with a Science and Math degree, on time.
To help prepare you for classes in Fall, you will take two college courses that can earn six college credits in the Summer Bridge program that fulfill core curriculum requirements.
As part of the UWise Summer Bridge program, students will:
- Live on campus for FREE
- Learn about academic resources available on campus.
- Avail free tutoring in writing as well as science and mathematics.
- Acquire time management and study skills.
- Learn about career opportunities in the sciences and mathematics
- Work with dedicated Mathematics and English faculty.
- Go on excursions.
- Make friends with other freshman with similar interests.
- Be mentored by successful undergraduate students in your chosen field.
- Be a part of a learning community, taking classes with a cohort of students with similar career aspirations.
- Participate in faculty directed undergraduate student research.
Cost of Attendance
You must pay the tuition for your courses and all mandatory fees associated with the Summer Bridge Program.
Contact the UWG Financial Aid office at 678-839-6421 for HOPE eligibility and other financial aid questions.
For more information regarding the mandatory fees, check out the Bursar's website.
* If you are interested in applying for financial aid to help cover tuition and fees, you would need to complete that year's FAFSA. For help with doing this or getting general financial aid information, contact Jessica Wiggins at email@example.com.
Program Rules and Regulations
You will be expected to actively participate in all academic and social activities during the program, including excursions on weekends, with limited access to personal electronic gadgets, cell phones, computers, electronic games. You will be required to become part of a year-long freshman learning community in Fall and Spring and take pre-selected courses with a cohort of students. You need to abide by the rules and regulations of the program. Failure to do so will result in dismissal from the program.
Apply Now for the 2014 Summer Bridge Program (June 29- July 25, 2014)!!