Dean, College of Sciences and Mathematics
The University of West Georgia invites nominations and applications for the position of Dean of the College of Science and Mathematics; it seeks an energetic and visionary leader dedicated to enhancing and strengthening the mission of the College and to furthering its commitment to excellence in research, teaching, and service. The College is part of a growing university with an enrollment of over 12,000 and is composed of the departments of biology, chemistry, computer science, geosciences, mathematics, and physics. The College has several undergraduate and graduate programs. The College of Science and Mathematics has over 100 faculty and staff and supports all undergraduate majors at UWG as they fulfill their core (general education) requirements.
STRATEGIC PRIORITIES FOR NEW LEADERSHIP:
- Enhance an ongoing focus on classroom excellence and undergraduate research.
- Commit to increasing faculty grants and awards.
- Expand enrollment in graduate programs.
- Take bold action and make decisions that will enhance the College's current strengths and build new areas of excellence.
- Commit to faculty, staff, and student success, satisfaction, and diversity.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL INCLUDE:
- An earned doctorate
- An overall record of research, teaching, and administrative service that will qualify the candidate ?for a tenured professorship in a discipline contained within the College of Science and ?Mathematics
- Successful progressive administrative experience in faculty relations, academic governance, ?fundraising, program development, and budgeting
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- A commitment to the enhancement of an open and supportive environment to foster excellence ?in teaching, research, and service
- Demonstrated ability to develop and strengthen relationships within the college, the university, ?and the broader community
- Respect for the role that diversity plays in furthering the goals of a liberal education
- An understanding of the needs of students, faculty, staff, and alumni of a regional, comprehensive university
This tenure-eligible, 12-month appointment begins July 1, 2015. The salary is competitive with peer institutions and the benefit package is attractive. Interested candidates should send a letter of application that includes a description of their qualifications; curriculum vitae; and the names, contact information, including e- mail addresses and telephone numbers, of five references. Review of applications will begin on January 30, 2015, and will continue until the position is filled. Please send applications or nominations to: Dr. Don Rice, Chair, COSM Dean Search Committee, The University of West Georgia, 1601 Maple Street, Carrollton, GA 30118. Electronic applications are encouraged and should be sent to: email@example.com.
The University of West Georgia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, and strongly encourages the applications and nominations of women and minorities. University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy requires the completion of a background check as a prior condition of employment.