Cher Hendricks, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning
Phone: 678-839-5230 | Fax: 678-839-4766
Office: Mandeville Hall 216
Dr. Cher C. Hendricks the director of UWG's Center for Teaching and Learning. In this position, she works with faculty in the areas of pedagogy, assessment of student learning, and scholarship of teaching and learning.
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts, Baylor University, 1989
- M.Ed., Masters of Educaton in Educational Psychology, University of Houston, 1992
- Ph.D., Doctor of Philosophy in educational Research 7 Measurement, University of South Carolina, 1998
- Hendricks, C., Millman, R.S., & Connolly, D. (2013). The effects of an advanced high school course in number theory and algebra on students' mathematical self-efficacy. International Journal for Studies in Mathematics Education, 6(1), 39-63. [View Publication]
- Rosen, J., Hendricks, C., Robinson, N., & Sonnenberg-Klein, J. (2013, June). FIRST LEGO league participation: Perceptions of minority student participants and their FLL coaches. Proceedings from the 120th ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition (Atlanta, GA [View Publication]
- Hendricks, C. (2013). Improving schools through action research: A reflective practice approach (3ed.) Boston: Pearson. [View Publication]
- Hendricks, C., & Fasse, B. (2012). The impact of a problem-based learning launcher unit on eighth grade students' motivation and interest in science. Proceedings from the 119th ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition (San Antonio, TX). [View Publication]
- Hendricks, C., Alemdar, M., & Ogletree, T. (2012). The impact of participation in VEX Robotics Competition on middle and high school students' interest in pursuing STEM studies and STEM-related careers. Proceedings from the 119th ASEE Annual Conference a [View Publication]
- Hendricks, C. (2009). Using modeling and creating a research discourse community to teach a doctoral action research course. International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, 3(1). [View Publication]
- Hendricks, C. (2009). Using action research to improve educational practices: Where we are and where we're going. Journal of Curriculum and Instruction, 3(1), 1-6. [View Publication]
- Hendricks, C. (2009). Improving schools through action research: A comprehensive guide for educators (2ed.). Boston: Pearson.
- Hendricks, C. (2001). Teaching causal reasoning through cognitive apprenticeship: What are the results from situated learning? The Journal of Educational Research, 94, 302-311. [View Publication]