HOLIDAY/FURLOUGH DAY SCHEDULE – CALENDAR YEAR 2009
The University System of Georgia allows 12 holidays per year that are recognized and taken off with pay. Some holidays are standardized and others are at the discretion of the institution. The holidays approved by the institution for calendar year 2009 are as follows:
|Winter Holiday Break||New Year’s Day||January 1st|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Birthday||January 19th|
|Independence Day||Observed||July 3rd|
|Thanksgiving Holiday||November 25th|
|Thanksgiving Holiday||November 26th|
|University Closed||December 21st|
|Labor Day||Observed||December 22nd|
|Winter Holiday Break||Christmas Eve||December 24th|
|Winter Holiday Break||Christmas Day||December 25th|
|Winter Holiday Break||December 28th|
|Winter Holiday Break||December 29th|
|Winter Holiday Break||December 30th|
|Winter Holiday Break||New Year’s Eve||December 31st|
In addition, the University will be closed on January 2nd, Memorial Day (May 25th) and December 21st. These three days are over and above the 12 allotted by the State; therefore, staff and administration have the following options:
1. Hourly and Monthly staff may use eight hours of annual leave.
2. Hourly staff have the option of using any accrued comp time
3. Hourly and Monthly staff may work an additional eight hours during the remainder of the Memorial Day week, (four ten hour days). This option applies to Memorial Day only.
4. Hourly and Monthly staff may take the day off without pay. This information must be entered in your ADP time record.
• Since there will be no classes on January 2nd, Memorial Day, or December 21, 10 month faculty will not be required to take leave or make up hours.
• Your supervisor must approve option three for Memorial Day.