University Recreation inspires, empowers, and educates the university community by providing comprehensive, high-quality, student-focused programs, facilities, and services that create community, connectivity, and develop exceptional leaders who value and embody healthy lifestyles.
- Campus Center – 131,000 sq. ft. facility which was opened in 2006 and contains the following amenities: 13,000 sq. ft. fitness center, four basketball courts, 50 ft. tall and 25 ft. tall climbing walls, two group exercise studios, indoor track, game room, 9,000 sq. ft. ballroom, meeting spaces, locker rooms, and an equipment rental center
- Club Sports – New for 2011-12, dedicated to providing and developing leadership opportunities for students interested in a sport or activity. Club Sports is committed to improving the quality of life for students, faculty and staff, as well as encouraging healthy lifestyle choices. Each club is nationally affiliated, student-run and establishes an organizational framework and competitive schedule to meet the needs of their membership
- Event Management – Each year University Recreation facilitates over 1200 meetings and events that occur in the Campus Center ballroom and meeting rooms. Events range from student organization events to large-scale university events, proms, and weddings.
- Fitness/Wellness – Offers 60 group exercise classes a week including: step aerobics, Spinning, yoga, Pilates, Zumba, and boot camp; conducts over 750 personal training interactions annually; and organizes specialized programs such as UWG’s Biggest Loser
- Intramural Sports – Offers sports leagues and tournaments year round for currently enrolled students, faculty, and staff; co-ed, women’s, and men’s leagues available; current offerings: flag football, soccer, 3-on-3 basketball, tennis, battleball, basketball, volleyball, softball, and ultimate Frisbee
- Outdoor Recreation – Leads 12-15 local and regional trips per year including: backpacking, caving, sea kayaking, whitewater rafting, rock-climbing and hiking; also operates a Rental Center where members can check out canoes, bikes, kayaks, etc. to utilize in conjunction with our programs or on their own