Center for Student Involvement
The Center for Student Involvement facilitates student engagement, leadership and involvement through a variety of programs and services which enhance the overall student experience at the University of West Georgia.
- University Programs-The Student Activities Council (SAC) provides co-curricular activities for the West Georgia community. Their mission is to provide a number of diverse cultural, recreational, social, educational, and entertainment programs, and is implemented through seven program committees; Weekends West Georgia provides events for students on the weekends. These events provide a sense of excitement, involvement and connection, on the weekends and throughout the year; Stay West Weekends is a grant program that provides funding for student organizations and departments to create and manage events on designated weekends; Major Concerts provide students with two major concerts a year to help increase the vibrancy of campus life.
- Leadership Programs- a variety of opportunities for students to develop the skills they will need as a leader. We have programs and trainings for students of all levels of leadership experience. Some of these programs include Leadership to Go, Leadership in the Wilderness, Lead Lunch, Lead Day, and Lead Weekend.
- Greek Life-As many other American colleges and universities, fraternities and sororities play a distinctive role at the University of West Georgia's campus culture. They offer opportunities for students to succeed academically, develop lasting friendships, contribute to the broader community through service and participate in social, cultural, and athletic activities. Twenty-five Greek letter social organizations are represented on the university campus.
- A National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC), Interfraternity Council (IFC) and College Panhellenic Council (CPC) exist to govern the fraternities and sororities. Among other responsibilities, the three councils coordinate membership selection process standards (Recruitment/Intake) and plan various activities such as Greek Week, NPHC Step Show, service projects and numerous educational programs.
- Student Organizations- over 150 registered student organizations ranging from departmental groups, honor societies, professional clubs, social Greek groups, and religious organizations
- Student Government Association-participates in the governance of the institution, serves on Faculty Senate Committees, serves on student fee committees
- Other: facilitate Weeks of Welcome, Best Weeks Ever projects, Campus Activities Awards Program, I-20 passport program
Chris Geiger, Director | 678-839-6526 | email@example.com