The Office of Admissions seeks to attract a qualified and diverse student body consistent with the mission and goals of the University of West Georgia. Throughout its interactions with constituents, the Office of Admissions makes every effort to communicate the University’s expectations, programs, and services to prospective students and parents to ensure a successful student-institution fit. Students are central to every effort undertaken by the Office of Admissions as it strives to demonstrate by example the essence of 'Educational Excellence in a Personal Environment.
- Recruiting: The Office of Admissions recruits students to the institution through a multitude of avenues: Travel to high schools and colleges, Attendance at state and local college fairs, Electronic and Social Media communication, outbound phone calls, and other forms of contact
- Visit Programs: The Office of Admissions coordinates a daily tour program that takes place at 10AM (with a 9AM info session) and 2PM daily. It also plans group tours throughout the year and hosts 4 Preview Days a year, as well as additional special events.
- Application Processing and Compliance: The Office of Admissions verifies the admissibility of applicants by entering their application and verifying their credentials. The Office of Admissions is also required to verify eligibility for state benefits including tuition waivers, in-state tuition, etc. Application processing is completed for undergraduates, graduate students, and readmission students
- Sponsorship of University Ambassador Program: The Office of Admissions sponsors the University Ambassador Program, a student organization designed to represent the institution with a diverse set of students interested in sharing why they “went west”.
- Throughout the course of the year, approximately 8,300 freshman and transfer applied to the university with 4,640 receiving admission
- The Office of Admissions, during the 2011-2012 academic year, managed 41,572 inquiries in to the institution
- Approximately 5,500+ students took a daily tour over the 2011-2012 academic year, and 1904 students and 5409 guests attended a Preview Day during the 2011-2012 academic year
- The application fee for the 2012-2013 year is $40.00